BowhunterNJ

2014 NJ Fluke Regulations: 5 fish, 18" size limit, season 5/23 - 9/27 (Official)

post-2-0-54458000-1389850125.jpg

Latest update as of 04/03/2014:

2014 Fluke and Sea Bass Regulations Set for NJ
At the NJMFC meeting on 4/3/14 the council voted unanimously in favor of the following regulations for fluke and sea bass.
Fluke - 5 fish, 18" size limit, season 5/23 - 9/27
Sea bass - 12 ½” size limit, 15 fish bag limit from 5/19 - 6/30, 3 fish bag limit from 7/1 - 8/31, 15 fish bag limit from 9/1 - 9/6 and a 15 fish bag limit from 10/18 - 12/31.

WOW just WOW

Meanwhile commercial boats are catching thousands of pounds of fluke well under 18" and keeping them...............

while other commercial boats are tossing overboard hundreds of pounds of dead fluke bycatch..........

The recreational fisherman got the massive shaft shoved right up theirs collective asses again.........

This spells the end for both fluke charter and party boats in jersey. Its not worth the money for the average fisherman to spend a $100 for 4 fluke and a boat ride......

Guys in north jersey may fare a little better but the south jersey fluking is done. The Delaware bay guys are toast especially with Delaware guys keeping them at 16"...........

Just sucks all the way around

Not fair at all for them to have different size limits. No science here just BS. As has been said $100 for 4 fish and a boat ride is going to kill the party boats. I know I won't go anymore.

I just checked on this commission and found NJ only has two votes while every other state has 3, no wonder we got the shaft. 

http://www.asmfc.org/about-us/commissioners

Edited by MJK50

Last news I saw on this was the following, so I don't know of any dates determined yet.

Measures approved Tuesday lump New Jersey, New York and Connecticut into one of four regions. Every state within a region must have the same measures. While officials from the three states still must meet to determine them, one proposal would include an 18-inch keeper, a four-fish bag limit and 128-day season. Each state can determine which days fishing is allowed, but it must be the same number of days.

Maybe I'll actually get out this year.  

Matt have you thought about a NJWW Head Boat get together?

Rich, we were talking about it the other day...we'll definitely hook something up.

There's a bunch of us looking to get out to do some fluking!

We'll setup a topic for it once the season gets a little closer, and keep your eye open for the bucktail giveaway coming up!  :up:

• Agree 1