Sign in to follow this  
Woodrufflou

Price of 9 mm ammo is INSANE!

Yesterday before the range we stopped in at pinelands sporting goods to get a couple boxes of shells. BS'd with the owner for a few and he was telling us how much 9mm ammo prices are going up. He said a box used to cost $16 and he now has to charge $40 a box due to price increases. Insane!! Anybody else noticing the ammo prince increases ?

depends on where you go. $40.00 a box seems ridiculous. prices are rising but some people will tell you anything to make you believe why they are charging so much. for most they will pay it cause its a convience factor. I was at cabelas two weeks ago and most popular ammo was sold out but prices werent that overpriced. $5-$10 at most

I don't shoot a 9mm so I don't know standard prices but that did seen a little steep. That's why I figured I would post it here and see what everyone else thought. He also told us he's been selling .223 ammo by the BULLET. That's nuts

yeah thats more than steep. by the bullet??? hey he is def gouging and making the best of it. .223 is probably the highest in demand right now so everyone is trying to make what they can, unfortunetly some are simply raping others, and its sad

i am sure he pays probably double what he used to pay, but what they are asking anymore for this ammo is just amazing

Yea it's definitely insane. We bought 2 boxes of buckshot and a box of small game loads and it wa the same price I always pay so its gotta be just pistol and rifle ammo prices increasing

I bought 250 rounds of PMC 9mm at my local sport shop a week and a half ago and it was like $12.99 a box. That guy is definitely jerking your chain.

I bought 250 rounds of PMC 9mm at my local sport shop a week and a half ago and it was like $12.99 a box. That guy is definitely jerking your chain.

Wow. Good to know

Not sure where you live but I'm up in Sussex County and both Simon Peter where I bought the 9mm ammo and also YOJ Sports are great shops and honest fellow sportsman. Simon Peter gives you 10% off ammo if you buy 10 boxes or more.

I'm in Monmouth county. I don't shoot 9mm. Was just curious of prices after he told us that. Thanks for the info about Simon Peter though

Crazy amount of money for 9mm..I buy it occasionally when I go to the range and would never pay that!

photo_zps28389c9c.jpg

OK I was off by a few bucks but still. I just saw it online I forget which site but 1000 rounds for like $250 I believe. Good stuff not the steel case Russian surplus either. You just got to look like anything else.

Where you buy from if you dont mind me askin? I am waiting for my M&P9mm to come in.

That last batch was from Simon Peter in Andover' date=' NJ.

[/quote']

Appreciate the quick response man. I am trying to find reasonable 9mm in NJ(oh the irony). Hollow point would be ideal but FMJ will do.

Dicks Sporting Goods usually carries 9mm for between $10 and $15 depending on the brand. $40 is out of control... and I thought ammo at Shore Shot was bad.