Sign in to follow this  
BHC

Matty, Remember This?

Birthday Buck !!!!

Back in 2006 or 2007 on my Birthday I hit this buck, but the arrow got deflected and I was using a 2 blade Rage, and tore open the belly of the buck. I saw him walk off with the guts hanging out. I waited 4 hours, got down, found blood, and the arrow, and tracked it, I kicked him up but he was just walking. I backed out, went for lunch and returned 4 hours later, with not finding much blood, it was a sleepness night, I would rather miss then to injure a deer. So the next day Matty met up with me and was nice enough to give me a hand. He found the deer not that far from where I last saw him, bears started on his hind quarters. I was happy !!! Afterwards we had lunch at the Hainsville General Store .

Thanks Matty!!!!

BirthdayBuck3.jpg

lol havent seen or talked to you in forever. glad your doing ok. hopefully we will all meet up soon

I absolutely remember it! We used to fight like cats and dogs before that and when we finally met, I reallized you're actually a really good dude. Stupid internet! lol

I remember you asking if I had seen anything yet and I said no....then suddenly I heard crashing as I must have scared bears off and I almost immediately laid eyes on your buck. I really couldn't believe it. My hope was fading as I was just grid searching thru prickers at that point.

That was a great day in the woods though man! This next season we should get together for a bowhunt or two, maybe get my uncle out with us. Though I would have to suggest somewhere less "hilly"....that spot is a HIKE! lol

That spot is a hike, but after many years I'm so use to it !!

That spot is a hike' date=' but after many years I'm so use to it !!

[/quote']

My favorite spot is 2 miles in, almost all of it is a 10 degree up hill battle but after doing for years, I've learned to appreciate it and control the sweating. I only hunt the spot once pheasant season opens up and usually see bucks so it's worth every step, nothing better than that drag downhill knowing you earned it.

We used to fight like cats and dogs before that and when we finally met, I reallized you're actually a really good dude. Stupid internet!

:rofl:

Funny how the internet changes people through a screen but when you think about it, we ALL have a HUGE part of our lives in common. Through that other site, I've met a lot of guys/gales and everyone is good people. I'm sure there are guys that annoy me with what they write but face to face over a beer, we would be more like minded than via a keyboard. I tend to think that people are good and with that thinking, I am lucky to be surronded by good people.

We used to fight like cats and dogs before that and when we finally met, I reallized you're actually a really good dude. Stupid internet!

That's an important lesson for us all.

Great story!

I hunted in Hainsville once when I was about 15 years old. All I remember is that I didn't know which way to look, there were so many deer. Wish I still had access to that property (for those of you that know Hainesville, there was/is a private airstrip on that piece).

Mack, I can tell you years ago the deer numbers where off the hook, but from 2002 till the present day the deer herd has gone way down

I remember that...Matty, sent us the GPS coordinates afterwards and we posted it online

then you will know, the place is deer less !!!!:):D