BowhunterNJ

Excalibur Matrix Mega 405

Uh oh, I might have to get one of these batboys as a stealthy option in some areas I don't want gunfire spooking the already insanely pressured deer!

That thing looks sick…shooting 405 FPS?!?!?! Woohaa!

405 bare.jpg

New Excalibur Matrix Mega 405: The Perfect Combination of Unprecedented Reliability, Speed & Power!

The new Excalibur Matrix Mega 405 is a hard-hitting powerhouse that’s built for today’s most serious hunter, The Mega 405’s blistering speeds and bone crushing power makes it the most capable crossbow for taming the world’s biggest and deadliest game ... one arrow at a time.

Make no mistake: This is the industry’s most serious crossbow. Think of it as archery’s version of an African double-rifle. It’s fun to own and shoot, but it’s not meant for tournament competitions or backyard target games. That’s because the Matrix Mega 405 packs a lethal combination of power, high-speed and flat-shooting performance.

The compact Matrix Mega 405 Specs:

Draw weight: 290lbs.

Power Stroke: 13.87"

Velocity (@350 grains): 405 FPS

Stock Style: Ergo-Grip

Physical Weight: 6.2 lbs.

Overall Length: 36.25"

Arrow Length: 18"

Minimum Arrow Wt: 350 gr.

Finish: Mossy Oak® Treestand®

http://www.wyverncreations.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=70&products_id=585

Cannot beat an Excalibur for reliability or accuracy and simplicity..

:agree: ... Cant say i've ever tried another brand but, My Excalibur *Axiom* has never givin me a reason too.. And shooting at 290 fps seems to be enough..

• Agree 2

Here is a 2014 limited edition Matrix 380 in snow camo.... This thing is Hot!!!!!!. I might need a back up just in case....

380%20lynx%20Done.jpg

8eeea9a138e4bc7a87036714_628x419_zpsqrudulw4.jpg

Edited by BowTechExperience

Yes that one is nice too. Was look'n at the Hoyt spider in the snow camo. Nuther hot look'n setup

Excalaman380, thought you might enjoy this topic haha

I know you switched out from the 380...I really just wanted to get your mind churning on that 405 now :rofl:

No...I didn't switch out....I switched to the Excalibur Matrix 380 Blackout....An AWESOME simple Xbow...Shoots 3" groups out to 60 yds....Its more than enough bow for me....at 260 lb's and 380fps I don't think I need anything else!

GREAT BOW!!!!

Ahhh I read it the other way, got ya! Sweet! :up:

How is it drawing back the recurve design at 260lbs? Pretty easy or a bit challenging? Just wondering how difficult it is and would be with the 405.

Well, in all honesty it isn't that bad, but frankly I am at the end of my pull....meaning at 5'4'' I can just make it.... I could shorten the rope ever so slightly (which I might do)....Decocking is very easy as is removing the string....I really believe (and so do many on the Excalibur forum) that the 405 really is overkill....I absolutely love it...and that is with all of the stock equipment which comes with the xbow....

Ahhh I read it the other way, got ya! Sweet! :up:

How is it drawing back the recurve design at 260lbs? Pretty easy or a bit challenging? Just wondering how difficult it is and would be with the 405.

Was wondering the same thing.  Do you need a car jack to cock it?  :)

Was wondering the same thing.  Do you need a car jack to cock it?   :)

Nope....Average upper body strength...56 years old not that bad...the string does catch on the anti dry firing catch (ADF) so you have to make sure you continue to pull to the second catch...I know it sounds complicated but it is not!

• Agree 1

Very easy...as is changing strings...etc...just a very simple design with so few things to go wrong...can even break it down and fit in a double rifle case....with just two bolts.....

Cool! How about letting one down to de-cock it? I know you can do that with the recurve designs.

Very, very simple...no need to shoot an arrow....use the same rope that was use to cock it....just an overall simple bow with so few things to go wrong...can change a string with no problem....can even break the bow down to fit in a double rifle case for ease of traveling!

• Agree 1

Excalaman380,

Is that  3" group at 60 yards with broadheads?

If so, which heads are you using?

How is the stock trigger?

Sorry to pick your brain, but I'm on the fence with getting one.

Edited by BowTechExperience

at 260 lb's and 380fps I don't think I need anything else!

My Excalibur Axiom is only 175 lb's and shoots about 285-290fps ( though it says 305fps )  and that seems to be all i need.. May upgrade to a Matrix only because i have peeps i'm trying to get into hunting so, i need an extra... :cupcoffee:

do you feel the width of your current bow is a disadvantage?

Only inso much as you have to be conscious of it.. hasnt posed a real problem..

Excalaman380,

Is that  3" group at 60 yards with broadheads?

If so, which heads are you using?

How is the stock trigger?

Sorry to pick your brain, but I'm on the fence with getting one.

No, that's 3" groups with FT's of 150g using their 18" Diablo bolts. I have been using the 150g boltcutters (Excaliburs) as BH's and really have limited my shots to 40yds and have not had any noticeable variation in the accuracy....not really interested in shooting further than that (on purpose) in a hunting situation...I am relatively new to Xbows so I really have nothing to compare the stock trigger to...with that said....the accuracy is crazy with this xbow so i guess the trigger is really not an issue for me...I am however going to try the Triggertech Matrix Hunter 2.5 at the PA show and might pull the plug and get it..... 

• Agree 2