IGNORED

Why isn't there a push to open NJ

MZ7Extreme

Since there is a February Sea Bass season in Federal waters why is there not a push to Open it up in NJ just to land the fish?

I spoke with a Captain and he said last year at the NJ fisheries meeting they shut him right down stating it only helps a few boats. What the hell does that even mean?

21 minutes ago, MZ7Extreme said:

Since there is a February Sea Bass season in Federal waters why is there not a push to Open it up in NJ just to land the fish?

I spoke with a Captain and he said last year at the NJ fisheries meeting they shut him right down stating it only helps a few boats. What the hell does that even mean?

They wanted us to give up too much of our summer season to open for the February season.

VERY  few boats target them in February and many guys fish for them in the summer.

no way were the guys at the meeting going to give up all recs  having a shorter season to allow a half dozen party boats to to get that quota 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 hour ago, hammer4reel said:

They wanted us to give up too much of our summer season to open for the February season.

VERY  few boats target them in February and many guys fish for them in the summer.

no way were the guys at the meeting going to give up all recs  having a shorter season to allow a half dozen party boats to to get that quota 

Oh ok now that makes sense now, but there is actually a surplus this year. Are they going to push for a higher creel limit in the summer?

33 minutes ago, MZ7Extreme said:

Oh ok now that makes sense now, but there is actually a surplus this year. Are they going to push for a higher creel limit in the summer?

I had heard they were hoping to try for going from 2-4 sea bass during the summer.

rumor has it fluke may be taking another cutback

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

26 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

I had heard they were hoping to try for going from 2-4 sea bass during the summer.

rumor has it fluke may be taking another cutback

I saw the fluke regs getting worse here in NJ years ago, said NY regs will come to NJ.

That would be a good offset because throwing back 4lb sea bass made me sick lol.