51smd

RIP Stevo I can't believe it's been a year

I never met him, but he was always there with a good word and great advice. Always willing to help where he could.  RIP Stevo

1 hour ago, Bucksnbows said:

Stevo at Jacks.JPG

Squirrel rug.jpg

Thanks Brian, me on the left talking to Stevo. That was a great day at Jacks house.. 

• Agree 1

I didn't know Stevo except for the forums.  As a cancer survivor myself, I knew when he showed up at the Pub 199 Christmas dinner three years ago that he was saying his goodbyes.  It's something not spoken typically among survivors, but I recognized it and realized quickly that it could just have easily been me making the rounds.  So when I saw him again at Jack's that day, I could barely keep tears out of my eyes, and I think it was because I knew he wasn't going to be with us much longer.  That was a tough, but great day at the same time with Stevo and his wonderful wife.  You can tell a lot about a man by the spouse he chooses, and Stevo chose wisely.  I miss his posts and I grieve for his family often.  The squirrel rug pictures will always remind me of Stevo and will always bring a smile to my face for the good times we had with him and continue to have for those still here within the sporting community.  Stevo brought out the best of our camaraderie in that way.

• Like 2
  • Winner 3

Hung out with him in Stokes campground during his last 6 Day. Shared a fire, a cold one and some great conversations. Im very glad that I got to share that time with him

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

I met Steve at the first kids 22 shoot , when he posted that it was going to be cancelled  because of vandalism and read how broken hearted he was I couldn’t stand idly by. Knowing his condition and his commitment to the future of our sport I gathered some scouts and with the generosity and help of Matt we made the Colliers Mill range useable again. The members that came out that day impressed me with their generosity as well .I’ll never forget the joy it brought him watching the kids shoot and how the sporting community came together. In that brief encounter he changed me. I try to help where I can and always promote our sport to as many youth as possible. While I didn’t know him well enough I considered him my friend and miss his quick wit and knowledge.  Rest In Peace Steve 

• Like 2
  • Winner 3

I still have a saved voicemail on my phone that Steve had left me a month or two before he passed..I don’t have the heart to delete it ..

Edited by Vince66