Matty

Update: Was able to recover my deer from the other day.

Matty not beating you up but most of this stories start with a quartering shot. It is tough to let them walk at times.

I strongly disagree, quartering away is a great shot, I've always done very well with quartering away. Sometimes I prefer it over broadside. More room for error and actually passes through more vital organs.

Quartering towards and I'd agree with you, that's a terrible choice with a bow. But I like quartering away and it's a very acceptable shot in the world of bowhunting. 

The side in the picture is not the side of entry.

The entry was on the other side and quartering into the vitals from just behind the ribs, but it didn't get up through the guts and liver, which has never happened to me before. 

It was EXACTLY the same shot I took on this doe in this video. (except the buck was facing the other way) And you can see she only goes about 20 yards and dies in about 18 seconds. 

Skip to about 4:20 to see the shot. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFhiCXCwy9Y&feature=c4-overview&list=UUJYPW_LDmrTFhTjWZ7-Inrg

Edited by Matty

I strongly disagree, quartering away is a great shot.  More room for error and actually passes through more vital organs.

Quartering towards and I'd agree with you, that's a terrible choice with a bow. But I like quartering away and it's a very acceptable shot in the world of bowhunting. 

I have to agree with Matty.  Quartering away is a great shot with the bow.

• Agree 1

Yes Rusty I think you might have been in those woods at least once or twice. LOL :up:

way to go dude, great buck, and great that you kept up the search

Nice...  If those 2 deer i never found would have been a buck like that, they would have been found.. you know what i'm say'n?...

Nice...  If those 2 deer i never found would have been a buck like that, they would have been found.. you know what i'm say'n?...

No?    What are you saying?

No? What are you saying?

I'm say'n i've never lost a buck... nor will I... :cupcoffee:

Matty

Glad to hear you recovered the deer. Sorry to hear your shoulder is acting up again. Shoot me an email if you feel like discussing some ideas on some rehab exercises. Would hate to see your shoulder limit you from chasing elk again.

Dan

• Agree 2

So you don't look as hard for doe?

I look just as hard for a doe as i do a buck.. The difference is i always find the buck... :cupcoffee: