IGNORED

Your ethnic background

JHbowhunter

Your Ethnic Background (multiple choice)  

90 members have voted

1. 1. I am all or partially (25% or more)

• IRISH
    • UK -Not Irish (Wales, Scottland, England, etc)
    • Italian
    • German
    • Russian
    • Polish
    • All other Slavic (Ukrain, Serbia, etc)
    • Middle-eastern / Arabic (Syria, Iran, etc)
    • Jewish
    • Greek
    • Turkish
    • Asian - Oriental (Japan, China, Thailand, Korea, etc)
    • Asian non-Oriental (like "India")
    • African - Black
    • African - White
    • Spanish (as in Spain)
    • Latino / Hispanic - The islands and Central America, i.e. Puerto Rico, Dominica, Honduras, Guatamala, etc
    • Mexican
    • South American - like Argentina, Chile, Urugua, etc
    • Dutch / Netherlands
    • Austrian
    • Belgian
    • Finland
    • Swiss
    • Norwegian
    • Swedish
    • Other Northern European (Iceland, Greenland, etc)
    • French
    • Aborigine
    • Polynesian / Hawaiin etc
    • Aleutian
    • Native American
    • Hungarian
    • Inuit
    • Danish
    • Australian
    • Kiwi / New Zealand
    • Other (please specify)
    • Portuguese

thanks folks for participating.. . (KEEP IT GOING This was just a cool thing to see. I know it's a small percentage of total membership, maybe it will grow.   We hear from the media, and if you work in corporate america - Diversity Diversity Diversity Diversity.  I work for a global bank - you have no idea how important this is.  I am not against diversity at all - provided it's legal.   I don't give a rat's arse what color you are, where you came from and what god you believe in (as long as it is truly - peaceful).

I think this poll is trending toward being, NJ sportsmen are primarily Irish/Italian/German/English background with some hungarian and then a bit of others mixed in.       Look at the catagories that are GLARINGLY missing from NJ sportsmen.  OK Italy is kicking ass LOL. 

Many of those missing - are #1 on the bucket brigade (if you know what the bucket brigade is...)

So - sportsmanship may not be a factor (as to what we consider sportsmanship). 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

My ancestors (mothers side) came from Wales and were the second family to settle in what is now Hope.

As far as I know, there has always been a descendent of Samson Howell living in Hope. My sister,mother,grandmother (a Howell)and great grandfather(Howell) were all born and raised in Hope.

Once my sister is gone the lineage will end.

Early 1700's-2000 something.

Screenshot_2019-01-12-21-10-41.png

8 hours ago, gobblergetter said:

My ancestors (mothers side) came from Wales and were the second family to settle in what is now Hope.

As far as I know, there has always been a descendent of Samson Howell living in Hope. My sister,mother,grandmother (a Howell)and great grandfather(Howell) were all born and raised in Hope.

Once my sister is gone the lineage will end.

Early 1700's-2000 something.

That's a cool history GG.  

I wonder if this poll were expanded nationwide across all hunters if percentages would change much?  Is there a correlation between ethnicity and desire to hunt?  Three types of ethnic backgrounds that are very prevalent in our society - are not represented in this poll. 

I shot a big 10pt once….

11 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

I wonder if this poll were expanded nationwide across all hunters if percentages would change much?  Is there a correlation between ethnicity and desire to hunt?  Three types of ethnic backgrounds that are very prevalent in our society - are not represented in this poll. 

If you studied it quantitatively ethnicity and desire to hunt would likely have no correlation.  What you're seeing is representative of the fact that individuals of Italian and Irish descent are well represented in New Jersey (and the Northeast in general) as a whole.  If you did the same type of poll in the Upper Midwest (Minnesota, Michigan, the Dakotas, etc...) you would see less Italian and Irish and more Scandinavians.  In the Southwest you would see a lot of European Spanish and Latino.  In the deep South you would see those of African descent represented.  Again, no correlation between ethnicity and "hunting desire," just a correlation between what ethnic groups live in rural areas.  Here in the North, very few African-Americans live in rural areas, whereas in the South many do.  In New Jersey you tend to see a lot of Italians and Irish whose ancestors might have settled in cities 100-150 years ago but over generations they migrated out into the suburbs and eventually rural areas.  

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

We need to be more inclusive of our Asian sportsmen.  Zero Percent represented here.  

This summer, we should all reach out to those fishing all the coastal Jetties and Inlets and hand them NJW&W pamphlets, so that we might get their insight on fishing, and encourage them to also get into hunting.       

That would give us more "diversity"

I shot a big 10pt once….