IGNORED

Missing Pension Time

BHC

23 hours ago, BHC said:

Last week a fellow officer went to pension building to submit his retirement paperwork, they told him he has 3 months of deadtime from 1995, so he needs to work another 3 months.

So that got me to check my account, and sure enough I'm missing 2 months, my dept. claims I had deadtime, but I have proof I was granted backpay, and all deductions including pension was paid, why it wasn't updated for nearly 2 years, they couldn't give me a answer......it should be updated on there end by next week and I should get a letter stating  that, and it should show on my online account by the end of February when the system updates, but being a public worker I won't believe it till it's done and I see it first hand

For us ignoramuses please explain deadtime. 

Wish we had 25 and out.  

Some IBEW  locals have 85 rule .

So can go with 30 if 55 years old.

My local need to be 59 1/2

Start my 36th year this July..

Our pension money is always behind.  Goes through too many  hands to get to our administrator.  

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

22 minutes ago, Farmshine said:

Any day worked past 25 years in LEO and you need to get a life. Put your time in, get the F out and enjoy your life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only exception would be if you are going to be promoted near 25 and get a big pay raise that will help out with your pension.   For instance retiring at 25 at 100,000 as opposed to retiring at 27.5 at 140,000.

Edited by Nomad

Between 25-30 there is a 1 percent increase per year to a max at 70 percent for 30 years for Tier 1 employees. That has changed to a 60-65 percent formula. If there are positions that are going to open up for guys that haven't reached the max they stay to see if they will get them to try and boost their pension with a promotion.  Most guys that say they are out at 25 are full of crap and end up staying.

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

36 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

Between 25-30 there is a 1 percent increase per year to a max at 70 percent for 30 years for Tier 1 employees. That has changed to a 60-65 percent formula. If there are positions that are going to open up for guys that haven't reached the max they stay to see if they will get them to try and boost their pension with a promotion.  Most guys that say they are out at 25 are full of crap and end up staying.

I'll let you know if I'm full crap when I hit my 25th year...but that's a long time, I'm just a rookie😁😁😁😁

Edited by BHC

9 minutes ago, BHC said:

I'll let you know if I'm full crap when I hit my 25th year...but that's a long time, I'm just a rookie

Then you are Tier 3 with a 65 percent max and paying for medical in retirement. That's what my my best friend's brother's sister in law's husband said, so it must be true

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Only exception would be if you are going to be promoted near 25 and get a big pay raise that will help out with your pension.   For instance retiring at 25 at 100,000 as opposed to retiring at 27.5 at 140,000.

Wow. A $40,000 raise for one rank. That’s tremendous and understandably worth it.

1 hour ago, Farmshine said:

Wow. A $40,000 raise for one rank. That’s tremendous and understandably worth it.

Not the actual amount, but it is possible to get some promotions at the end of your career to make it worthwhile staying a few extra years.

My town is 4000 between ranks except chief he has his own contact and he only needs to make a dollar more then the highest paid officer. Maybe large city’s with 150 officers might have a big jump between sgt and deputy chief if you skip LT or captain.

as for anyone on patrol and likes to wrestle with people, get into fights, have to deal with human fluids with rotting body’s or shit, dealing with true a**holes on a daily and worrying about when the crazy son of a b*tch is going to snap and try to kill you then do more then 25, I’m more then happy to go at 25 and find a part time job to make up the difference. 

I’m out with 28 years at 50 YoA  with 56%  can not wait , I bought into a 25 / 50 plan  which means you need to have both age (50) and time (25 yrs) on the job to go & it’s 50% pay with 2% for each year after 25 up to 30th year and 1.25% every year after up to 75% .  When you have extra years any discrepancies would come off your earned years but as long as your over the allowable amount would only mean a slight decrease isn pension .