IGNORED

Site Ads Overview and Opinions from Members

BowhunterNJ

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:45 AM, BowhunterNJ said:

Mike, keep me posted on whether this continues. 

It's still a little jumpy. Some of the threads I click on will open on the second or third page. And sometimes jumps on main page too.

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Post a link to the page you see jumpiness on, I'll check it out and see if it's the ads or the images on the page.  The links from recent topics go to the last reply you haven't read, the site keeps track of where you left off in a given topic and then returns you to it so you don't have to scroll through replies you already read.  Sometimes that will land you in the middle of page 2 or 3, etc.

I'm always on my samsung..
I mainly use tapatalk and see 1 add every 5 posts.. doesnt bother me the slightest.
I'd I use my phone and log into the site I have no issues there either.

I'm thrilled with the site, and appreciate all your hard work and $ spent.
If you need ads, do what you gotta do.
If you need member fees, that's ok too.

I have 0 complaints

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

2 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

I understand the need to generate revenue but the content ads and the sticky footer ad make me not want to use the site anymore.  Most other forums that I use only show those ads to folks who aren't logged in and as soon as you log in they disappear.

Is it possible to run it that way

That is something we will be reviewing this upcoming week.  We're running the ads now to see how well they do and then adjust based on how they perform.  It may be that we run all the current ads for guests, and reduce them for registered users (maybe 2 per screen) and then either 1 or remove them for Premium members.  I certainly do not want to make the site so you or anyone doesn't want to use it anymore.

Very, very annoying

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

7 hours ago, BowhunterNJ said:

That is something we will be reviewing this upcoming week.  We're running the ads now to see how well they do and then adjust based on how they perform.  It may be that we run all the current ads for guests, and reduce them for registered users (maybe 2 per screen) and then either 1 or remove them for Premium members.  I certainly do not want to make the site so you or anyone doesn't want to use it anymore.

As I understand the need to generate revenue I think the ads in between posts are as annoying as the pop ups because you actually have to do something to get by them. It will not drive me from the site but it is annoying . Imo 

Edited by Lunatic