IGNORED

Site Ads Overview and Opinions from Members

BowhunterNJ

3 hours ago, Live to Hunt said:

You’re doing a hell of a job Matt.:up: Where did you get that new Benz I saw you driving :headscratch:

51 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

S-Class, wasn't it?   Some of us can only drive the "E"...   I can only dream....

Hell yeah!  That was my first splurge with the ads revenue!  I even upgraded to authentic rubber tires!  Forget those cheesy plastic ones peasants have on their cars!

s-l1600.jpg

Guys, I appreciate the feedback (both positive and negative).  I'm very willing to work with you guys on what gives you the best user experience here, I simply want to find the balance between acceptable ads vs total negative impact to user experience.  So far I've heard mostly positives here, but in other topics there were some negatives discussed.  Don't be afraid to speak up, now is the time as we're actively tuning these ads.  Of course if you see something else come up later, definitely bring it up then too!

Right now on my phone in seeing 1 add for every three posts on each thread.

IMO that's pretty excessive as on the longer threads your going to have way too many adds loading  where it used to just be text.  

25% of the page is allot of ads

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

3 minutes ago, _X7 said:

I was hoping someone would show up in the support room to answer a question. I don't have an issue with the ads. as long as they don't overwhelm the page i'm browsing. Some websites are sick with them.

Right, we want to avoid the overwhelming end of ad placements.  If it gets there for you, please let me know.

1 minute ago, hammer4reel said:

IMO that's pretty excessive as on the longer threads your going to have way too many adds loading  where it used to just be text.  

Dan, what device do you have?  3 seems a bit excessive, although 4-5 is common.  How many ads are you seeing?  On mobile, I see 5 on the main page of Recent Topics (1 every 5 topics) and 4 on a topic page (1 after first post and then 1 every 4 posts after).  As we review these ads over the next few days, there may be some adjustments but it won't be to add more, it would be to make it less.

1 hour ago, BowhunterNJ said:

The ads are the ads, and the blank spaces are where ads will get filled (i.e. pre-defined locations that are allocated so that the page doesn't "jump around" when ads are filled vs not filled).

Do the ads make the site unusable for you?  How many ads are you seeing in between content and how many it too many?

It does not, I am just giving you info you asked for

57 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

that's  what I see, every 3 to 4, Space for or an ad

1 hour ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Right, we want to avoid the overwhelming end of ad placements.  If it gets there for you, please let me know.

Dan, what device do you have?  3 seems a bit excessive, although 4-5 is common.  How many ads are you seeing?  On mobile, I see 5 on the main page of Recent Topics (1 every 5 topics) and 4 on a topic page (1 after first post and then 1 every 4 posts after).  As we review these ads over the next few days, there may be some adjustments but it won't be to add more, it would be to make it less.

Samsung S6

I have three posts then an add . And that's pretty typical in the chrome browser for each thread I have opened.

On the main page it's 5 thread selections between each add 

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

53 minutes ago, kanigie said:

They don't bother me.

If you could sync my amazon browsing history with the amazon ads on the side bar I'd click those to purchase specifically to help the site out.

You can click the Amazon banner before ordering anything from Amazon and it will give the site a small commission for anything you purchase.  It doesn't need to be just what is listed there in the content matched products. :up:

I updated the text to make it more clear as that is a great way for members to help the site just by shopping for things!

19 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

You can click the Amazon banner before ordering anything from Amazon and it will give the site a small commission for anything you purchase.  It doesn't need to be just what is listed there in the content matched products. :up:

I updated the text to make it more clear as that is a great way for members to help the site just by shopping for things!

That's awesome. I'll do what I can!