IGNORED

New World Record Bow Kill

Tarhunt

Looks like hes hunting in a great neighborhood. 

Congrats to the hunter. Thats a freak of a free range deer. 

The more I hunt in Illinois, the more I meet neighboring landowners. I met another guy this season that has 1000 acres fairly close to my farm. I have another 950 acres directly across the street.Landowners with big tracts of land is what it takes.  All these guys are doing habitat management, food plots, passing young deer etc. I am not surprised at all at some of the giants coming out of these areas and as long as ehd doesnt come back, the upward trend is going to continue. 

5 years after major ehd breakouts, the deer are coming back. 

I saw some great deer in Illinois this year  . I had my best season this year with a 162, 148 and 140 coming off the farm. 

www.liftxrentals.com

4 minutes ago, tcook8296 said:

Looks like hes hunting in a great neighborhood. 

Congrats to the hunter. Thats a freak of a free range deer. 

The more I hunt in Illinois, the more I meet neighboring landowners. I met another guy this season that has 1000 acres fairly close to my farm. I have another 950 acres directly across the street.Landowners with big tracts of land is what it takes.  All these guys are doing habitat management, food plots, passing young deer etc. I am not surprised at all at some of the giants coming out of these areas and as long as ehd doesnt come back, the upward trend is going to continue. 

5 years after major ehd breakouts, the deer are coming back. 

I saw some great deer in Illinois this year  . I had my best season this year with a 162, 148 and 140 coming off the farm. 

Spend a day out at BUSHNELL locker and see the bucks that come  in daily. Pretty unreal the amount of great bucks .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

WOW you have to have nerves of steel to NOT SHAKE 7 HAVE HEART ATTACK when a deer that big comes in.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

What sticks out for me is that it was shot a bit away from the Golden Triangle you always hear about. Often overlooked is the big buck potential of eastern Illinois. Back in 2003 I hunted in Coles and Clark County which is south of Edgar County. The Coles county sheriff I hunted with had some very impressive bucks from the ground we hunted right along with the stories of un-killable giant bucks. He said the area is the best kept secret in the Midwest as part of what he called the Paducah circle. He shot a 150  the first time I was out with me seeing some impressive bucks. The second time out I whiffed on a big 140 that I shot short grazing his chest while hunting the ground in the rain. Took him for 20 and he was more like 40. 

I can only imagine now with this harvest there will be an influx of hunters looking into the area dreaming of the same thing. The 1 buck limit and the lack of Public Land is what gives those who hunt Illinois a chance at a giant. Hope to get back there one day.

pdc.png

Edited by _X7