i am getting all kinds of ads popping up this week ,watts up with that. anyone else having this problem?:shotgun:

I’m using my phone and actually have way less ads then I did have. No big deal I just scroll past them.

• Like 1

What phone has less less ads? I saw more ads right away on phone, not Chinese though...

37 minutes ago, BCsaw said:

What phone has less less ads? I saw more ads right away on phone, not Chinese though...

They were reduced as some phones were showing ads after every 1-2 posts.  Should be 4 or more.  

7 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

Ashamed went from dark side to show me me the money.

Again ads are the way to to keep the site operating with little impact to the members.  I'm open to any recommendations you have to cover costs! :up:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

Ashamed went from dark side to show me me the money.

Disagree hunterbob1. This site has shown a steady increase in popularity, likability, and member growth in the past few years. With the site increasing in ALL ways, associated costs will increase as well. The management and owner have done a tremendous job in keeping up with the demand, while keeping costs covered with minimal expenses sustained or felt by our members. Like said above, please share any thoughts of yours to keep the site costs to a minimal amount. We are looking forward to positive feedback going forward from you. Thanks in advance @hunterbob1. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

Lou I'm old school I get it ass gas or grass Nobody Rides For Free I consider myself a charter member here I joined in the first 2 months when Matty started it it was simple then I'd like to say if it ain't broke don't fix it I like this site I like the people I'd like to see it stay I'm on top of the wall as for as a solution if it's the money that's the issue I stepped up to the plate and gave my donation in to support of us I guess if the rest of the community did the same money would not be an issue we would not need all those ads just my two cents can you take the ads on the right side of the screen and Shrink them take  the middle ads out of the middle posts and put them on the left side of the screen?

Edited by hunterbob1
  • Like 1

Matt - just a question as I know zero when it comes to ad revenue. Is there any flexibility in the prices you can charge for the ad providers? For example, can you tell them that you want say $10 per month vs say $7 per month? My thought is more $ per ad with less ads would equal the current $ intake but would be less obtrusive to those who have issues with them.

David

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, yoda4x4 said:

Matt - just a question as I know zero when it comes to ad revenue. Is there any flexibility in the prices you can charge for the ad providers? For example, can you tell them that you want say $10 per month vs say $7 per month? My thought is more $ per ad with less ads would equal the current $ intake but would be less obtrusive to those who have issues with them.

David

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

I don't control the ads or how they are populated at what cost, the ad network controls that.  The only other thing I can do is use this site's software's ad platform to set prices for ad placements of my choosing (such as the header banner or footer banner or even any other locations on the site) but I'd also have to seek out businesses willing to pay $X per month or year (a lot of time, negotiation, etc).  Some businesses have come to me to list and I'm trying to figure out a pricing model for them.  This would apply to businesses who want to be viewed here but don't want to participate.  I offer free sponsorship to local businesses, but the "fair shake" in that is that they in turn post content and help give back to the site.  Quite a few of them do exactly that, so I'd like to keep their ads free as my thank you to them, however there are others who just aren't interested in that level of involvement and would rather pay to post their ad, so I want to accommodate that as well.

The other option is to expand the Premium NJW&W Members subscription to include hiding more ads, or even adding other tiers for different fees.  I've just tried very hard to not make this site into a business that members are required to pay to enjoy, and ads are the answer to that.  But I understand some members simply do not want to see ads and I'd like to give them an option to have that while also finding a reasonable balance in a fee to help offset the lost ad revenue and fairness to other members (as others deal with the ads and implicitly help the site pay for its costs by viewing those ads).  That seems fair all around, but what is that fair and reasonable value to hide most ads or even all ads?  I realize not everyone is looking to spend a lot on a subscription, so that is why I set it at $15/year and also added the donation option if others wanted to contribute more (which a number of members have).  I'm doing all I can to keep this free to very cheap for everyone, but it's far from either of those for me.