GhostBear

Checking out the woods in FL.

Soooo, been trying to get out and look into some areas to hunt this fall here in sunny Florida, let's just say it's freaking THICK! Lol some pix from last weeks walk.

20181230_152445.jpg

20181230_152419.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, definitely machete territory.  Hows the bug life in those woods?  Do you need a backup shotgun to help keep them at bay?

• Haha 2

That's why I gave up hunting down here. Not only are the bugs, snakes, spiders relentless but the deer are few and far between. Plus they are the size of my lab. Only hunting I do is still hunting for hogs which isn't all that bad but make sure you have a good pair of snake boots/chaps. 

• Like 2

that is one area I would want to BAIT -draw them out of that crap into a parking lot or something...  Yikes..   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JHbowhunter said:

that is one area I would want to BAIT -draw them out of that crap into a parking lot or something...  Yikes..   

Have to agree 

looks tough. doesnt Florida have good turkey hunting?  

Gators? Yes, plenty in the canal by my sisters house, the turkey hunting is good for oceaola turkey hope I spelled it right! Lots of hogs, and around here seems to be plenty of deer. 

The bugs aren't that bad now with the temps running the high 50's to low 70's, much more then that they get bad, thank god for therma cell. I'm looking at another pup this Sunday another Vizlsa, there's some excellent quail hunting to be had on all wild birds with a 12 bird a day limit. If I get him he might be ready for the tail end of this season.

it really is nice down here and I don't regret the move.

• Like 1

Glad to hear you're move was a good decision. The tomahawk is still hanging in my living room. :up:

• Like 1

Florida is not worth the trouble to hunt it, to hot, to wet, to many snakes and bugs.  Bass fishing in local lakes is incredible !!