9 hours ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

Addicts (of any kind) are degenerates.  What is your motivation to make excuses for them?

Myopia will not change what is. Mine is not motivation merely an observation. Next time you wonder into a bar or a crowded mall have at picking out the " degenerates" as you say. The cartels are not rich and powerful because they merely supply the needs of say Paterson or Camden. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, stratocaster said:

Exactly, they lie and repeat lies when they want to destroy someone like Kavanaugh and Gorsuch and Bork and anyone else who is not supporting the liberal agenda.  

A lie repeated over and over enough times eventually becomes the truth. CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS are merely propagandists for the elites spewing the same old shit over and over. The Nazis would be envious of this bunch.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stratocaster said:

Oh, I'm not fooled at all by the "good kid who made a mistake", the same way I'm not fooled by alcoholics, the point I was trying to make was in regard to the supply/demand argument you were making about the lure of employment driving illegal immigration.  I agree that people doping themselves into oblivion shouldn't be a problem for us normal working people and illegals should not be my problem either, but our wonderful politicians find ways to make us pay for them and their rehab and healthcare as they do with illegals.  

So if we are concerned shouldnt we be doing more to prevent fentenoyl pouring in from china? That os bigger threat then some pot be smuggled in thru mexico. Pot is legal in several states now. 

47 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

So if we are concerned shouldnt we be doing more to prevent fentenoyl pouring in from china? That os bigger threat then some pot be smuggled in thru mexico. Pot is legal in several states now. 

LOL. You didn't research that one either, did you. Yes, Fentanyl does come in from China, usually mailed in small quantities. The much bigger problem is the stuff China ships directly to Mexico in bulk, and then comes in over our southern border. In fact, some of the raw material to make Fentanyl is mailed to the US directly, or comes in through Canada, from China, then goes across our Southern border to be processed into Fentanyl, then comes back across the southern border in the drug form to be distributed. So you have given more reason to support a barrier on the southern border with your comment, not less. Thanks. 

I love a good debate but honestly, you don't provide that. Mostly because you are not honest about your position. You talk about how you're not a Liberal/Democrat/Progressive, whatever and sometimes it's almost believable, but then, your slip-ups give you away. There are certain phrases, or language indicators that are solid links to what people believe in their heart.  Like when someone says..."guns don't kill people, people kill people"...you know they are a Second Amendment advocate, or when people view tax cuts as only benefiting "corporate greed", you know they are a Liberal. Like this...

15 hours ago, deadonshot2 said:

The tax cut was a snow job. The bill had to give middle class something to hide the corporate greed.

2 hours ago, DV1 said:

LOL. You didn't research that one either, did you. Yes, Fentanyl does come in from China, usually mailed in small quantities. The much bigger problem is the stuff China ships directly to Mexico in bulk, and then comes in over our southern border. In fact, some of the raw material to make Fentanyl is mailed to the US directly, or comes in through Canada, from China, then goes across our Southern border to be processed into Fentanyl, then comes back across the southern border in the drug form to be distributed. So you have given more reason to support a barrier on the southern border with your comment, not less. Thanks. 

Well you are mostly right. 90% of illegal drugs DO come through the Southern Border, but it gets smuggled in through LEGAL ports of entry. It's not being carried by migrants walking 100's of miles and crossing illegally.  https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/border-issues/2019/01/08/most-hard-drugs-get-smuggled-into-u-s-through-ports-entry/2517586002/

Edited by archer36

1 hour ago, archer36 said:

Well you are mostly right. 90% of illegal drugs DO come through the Southern Border, but it gets smuggled in through LEGAL ports of entry. It's not being carried by migrants walking 100's of miles and crossing illegally.  https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/border-issues/2019/01/08/most-hard-drugs-get-smuggled-into-u-s-through-ports-entry/2517586002/

I agree the migrant caravans are not doing most, or even much, of the drug smuggling, however, they are bringing criminals, some potential terrorists, disease, a drain on our healthcare and education system, and maybe most importantly, a significant amount of human traffickers, and victims of the same. Maybe the most under reported aspect of the illegal immigration crisis is that of human trafficking. 

As for 90 percent coming through legal ports of entry, I suspect that is a biased article, and you can see that in the first paragraph. They say right there Trump falsely claims the wall would reduce the flow of drugs into the country. How can anyone believe that is a false claim. It's obviously not, the only debate is just how much it would reduce it, yet the writer claims it's false to say drugs coming across the border would be reduced.  But even if it is 90%, closing off the sections of open border that currently consume a tremendous amount of the border patrol agents' time and resources, would allow them to divert more agents and resources to the legal ports, and cut down on what comes though there. That is a no-brainer.

You have to realize by now, especially considering all the past support for a barrier by the same Democrats who now oppose  it, that the only reason they are opposing it is to deny Trump another victory of any sort, period. It's purely political. There are substantial benefits for our country that  erecting a barrier in certain spots would provide, that is almost not even debatable. The ONLY reason it's being opposed is to "stop Trump". You could also say he is pushing for it to keep his promise, which is also political, but, at least his political position provides some benefit to America, their political position does not, and they know it because they previously held the same position as Trump does now. 

• Like 1

When you consider the profit margins on the sale of illegal drugs, there will ALWAYS be a way to get it in. One way closes, another way opens. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/amid-border-wall-debate-third-drug-tunnel-found-in-less-than-a-month-along-arizona-border/ar-BBS8b6P?ocid=spartanntp

We can't give up trying but I don't buy into false claims. 

Edited by archer36

I usually don't chime in on these political threads, but I don't see the democrats winning this one. How can you say that you're not for border security, securing the safety of the American people and allowing people to enter our country illegally? I think that any Federal, State or local politician that supports this should be arrested.

isn't it funny that obamas head of border security says it is not a false claim and supports it... you also realize that as they build a wall they can look for tunnels and seal them as well as use technologey to stop tunnes in future.... JMO 

23 minutes ago, archer36 said:

When you consider the profit margins on the sale of illegal drugs, there will ALWAYS be a way to get it in. One way closes, another way opens. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/amid-border-wall-debate-third-drug-tunnel-found-in-less-than-a-month-along-arizona-border/ar-BBS8b6P?ocid=spartanntp

Edited by buckhound

3 hours ago, DV1 said:

I love a good debate but honestly, you don't provide that. Mostly because you are not honest about your position. You talk about how you're not a Liberal/Democrat/Progressive, whatever and sometimes it's almost believable, but then, your slip-ups give you away. There are certain phrases, or language indicators that are solid links to what people believe in their heart.  Like when someone says..."guns don't kill people, people kill people"...you know they are a Second Amendment advocate, or when people view tax cuts as only benefiting "corporate greed", you know they are a Liberal. Like this...

I said from the very beginning that the corporate tax cuts were yoo big. I also said the middle class was too small. Several republicans also stated the corporate tax cuts were more then they felt comfortable with. Then you had trump trying yo push an additional middle class tax cut before the mid terms. Why if the first bill was do great for the middle class? Why would he feel the need to hive additional tax cuts if the first one was so good?  Now that the mid terms are over, have you heard another peep about those additional cuts? Nope. That is why i see the cuts the way i do. Now  since you brought up the second amendment. I never heard you speak out when trump was advocating to seize the guns and worry about due process later. Yet if you dont like a sentence anout trump, you have bunch of shit to say.   Funny how you want to hold me more accountable then the potus. 

if you abolish  a comittee  to investigate president trump you just may have  trump derangement syndrome   :rofl:

Dem Chair to Abolish Terrorism Subcommittee to Focus on ‘Trump Scandals’

https://nypost.com/2019/01/11/congressman-says-hes-shutting-terrorism-subcommittee-to-focus-on-trump/

Edited by buckhound
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2019 at 11:45 AM, archer36 said:

Why can't we give up trying? I think Portugal gave up and legalized (perhaps just decriminalized) everything and it's working out for them going on 10 years now.

1 minute ago, newjerseyhunter said:

Why can't we give up trying? I think Portugal gave up and legalized (perhaps just decriminalized) everything and it's working out for them going on 10 years now.

I meant uncontrolled flow if immigrants from Mexico and Central America. As long as the situation is bad there, they will come. It seems that we would have to drain most of the population before it happens. Drug policies are changing. It's a matter of time. 

Just now, archer36 said:

I meant uncontrolled flow if immigrants from Mexico and Central America. As long as the situation is bad there, they will come. It seems that we would have to drain most of the population before it happens. Drug policies are changing. It's a matter of time. 

Gotcha, I thought you were talking about trying to stop the flow of drugs into the country.

You are correct as long as the economy and jobs are good in the U.S. they will come here. Also, this will probably be an unpopular opinion on this site but this is largely of our own making. We spent the better half of the last 150 years shitting all over Central and South America. Our foreign policy used our military and economic strength to force many of those countries into opening up their resources to US corporations which then basically robbed them of those resources. Don't take my word for it, take the word of one of the most highly decorated Marines in history, Smedley Butler. 

The sad part is most people defend that in the name of "Merica, fuck yeah" but they don't even stop to think that most of those big corporations are multinationals that have fucked over American workers by investing over seas, keeping money offshore, moving jobs overseas, etc. 

• Agree 1