IGNORED

How Much Did You Spend on Bait this Season?

Nomad

I have 6 different spots that I bait.  Usually, at least 1 bag per week at each spot, plus a block every couple of weeks.  I figure I will have spent abut $1200.00 on bait and blocks by the end of January.  Then I'll be buying more to feed the deer all winter behind my house.  Gets pretty expensive.  

Edited by Nomad

2 hours ago, Nomad said:

I have 6 different spots that I bait.  Usually, at least 1 bag per week at each spot, plus a block every couple of weeks.  I figure I will have spent abut $1200.00 on bait and blocks by the end of January.  Then I'll be buying more to feed the deer all winter behind my house.  Gets pretty expensive.  

$1200...:shock:

I am sure that is on the lighter side of what some guys have spent this past year Mark...Good thing you bought your Camaro before deer season started......:laughing:

I think John (Buck154) knows a guy that put down thousands of pounds of corn just this fall alone down by him.....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 

I bait for my wife's stand, she likes to see activity, and i must admit, in the early season she's killed a nice buck over in that stand, but i feel funny sitting there. so maybe spent 100 dollars on bait over there....

Im not against baiting, and understand those that do, but living where i hunt, I get the luxury of spending A LOT of time in the woods(last year 800 hours), so I can see a lot of movement and study what the deer are doing from day to day.

Paul M. Ross

REALTOR

Coldwell Banker Sales Associate

908-943-8842

PAUL THE PAINTER

INTERIOR PAINTING

HUNTERDON/WARREN COUNTIES

908-943-8842

2 bags of corn - $20

1 bushel of old apples from the hot farm chick  at the  stand in Sussex County town $8

2 mineral rocks in summer time $30 (I split those in half with my hammer)

I still have a bag of corn left.

"God bless America and the 2nd Amendment!" 

www.NorthJerseyMike.com

UBNJ Member

OLM Knights of Columbus, Kinnelon, NJ

7 hours ago, LPJR said:

$1200...:shock:

I am sure that is on the lighter side of what some guys have spent this past year Mark...Good thing you bought your Camaro before deer season started......:laughing:

I think John (Buck154) knows a guy that put down thousands of pounds of corn just this fall alone down by him.....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 

You bait don't you?  How much have you spent.

Couple hundred in the food plot plus my labor , two trophy rock , and maybe 8-10 bags of corn . 

All to to see one “shooter” buck and 8 doe . Thanks to a depredation permit next door that decimated my population . Needless to say there will not be a food plot next year :banghead:

Edited by Bad64chevelle