IGNORED

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs - Sponsorship

I want to thank Matt for accepting the Federation as a sponsor and will surely get the word out to our members about this great site! If I can be of any help in answering any Federation related questions, ask away. Looking forward to sharing info on the good, the bad and the ugly coming out of Trenton...stuff  that impacts our lifestyle as sportsmen. Ray

Edited by Rayorsa

Opportunity expands in proportion to one's courage.

Welcome Ray!!

Federation is a great organization!

I'm part of Ocean County Fed.

1.  Can you please ask the Division to have council meetings at a more convenient time than Tuesday mornings at 10 AM when most license buying cannot attend due to work. Quarterly council mtgs during the evening or weekend would be a good start........COs are ordered to work every weekend, so it should not be too much to ask for division employees attending council mtgs to meet sportsmen and women half way.  I brought this topic up at an Ocean County mtg but have not heard of any status with the request.

2.  Please ask the Division to get rid of the leasing WMA fields to farmer program......there are so many acres this time of year that are devoid of cover when wildlife needs it most during late winter.......also if the fields were left to go fallow there would be more area for hunters to spread out and not be on top of each other. Planting a few orchards and wildlife preferred nut bearing trees would be a good idea too!!

Thanks for your leadership and dedication Ray!!

By the way.......every NJ sportsman and woman should, without question, be a member of the NJSFSC!!  Each countys chapter has a representative from the Division attending the monthly mtgs......and if we want changes....we go through the Division rep as the first chain of command.  Also, as a member, you get $1 million insurance plan while huntin and fishin.  

3 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

Welcome Ray!!

Federation is a great organization!

I'm part of Ocean County Fed.

1.  Can you please ask the Division to have council meetings at a more convenient time than Tuesday mornings at 10 AM when most license buying cannot attend due to work. Quarterly council mtgs during the evening or weekend would be a good start........COs are ordered to work every weekend, so it should not be too much to ask for division employees attending council mtgs to meet sportsmen and women half way.  I brought this topic up at an Ocean County mtg but have not heard of any status with the request.

2.  Please ask the Division to get rid of the leasing WMA fields to farmer program......there are so many acres this time of year that are devoid of cover when wildlife needs it most during late winter.......also if the fields were left to go fallow there would be more area for hunters to spread out and not be on top of each other. Planting a few orchards and wildlife preferred nut bearing trees would be a good idea too!!

Thanks for your leadership and dedication Ray!!

Bonefreak-thanks for your support, much appreciated! I can answer #2.  At the request of the Federations Deer Committee, the Division is now including a provision for a cover crop in any leases that are coming soon to expire. Last year the Division planted rye (First time in many moons) on 350 plus acres. Feedback was great and moving forward, we should see a marked improvement in the leased fields. Ray

New Jersey State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs

http://www.njsfsc.org/

2 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Whats it going to take to get NJ to alter its bag limits on deer ???????

If you ask the farmers, we have too many. If you ask the hunters, not enough deer.  After the drop in 10,000 deer harvested two seasons ago, we were able to tighten the bag limits in a few reg sets. The Division has yet to fill the Deer Project Leader position so movement up or down is at a standstill. 

14 hours ago, NJSFSC said:

Bonefreak-thanks for your support, much appreciated! I can answer #2.  At the request of the Federations Deer Committee, the Division is now including a provision for a cover crop in any leases that are coming soon to expire. Last year the Division planted rye (First time in many moons) on 350 plus acres. Feedback was great and moving forward, we should see a marked improvement in the leased fields. Ray

Gotchya!  Thanks for the feedback!  I did not even know the Federation had a deer committee!!  Good to know and I applaud their efforts!!  I still believe sportsman are getting the short end of the deal with the WMA farmer lease program and would like it to be fully evaluated for the license buying constituents. I observed on Colliers Mills and Assunpink WMAs that the "in kind services " of planting sorghum as cover can hardly provide cover for field mice, let alone pursued wild game.......the bureau of Lands Management needs to be held accountable and be informed that the program is not working. It's a money grab for the Division & does not adhere to their mission and goal stated on front inside cover of the Digest. 

14 hours ago, NJSFSC said:

Max-I have always been around, just not posting as much. With antis making headway in Trenton, it's time to rally the troops.

Let's rally the troops!!  

Join the most powerful and most influential sportsmens club in NJ!!  

Heck, Ray mentioned above they have a deer committee.....if you have deer issues with the Division, maybe volunteer time on the NJSFSC Deer Committee!!

53 minutes ago, Coyoteslayer said:

How does one sponsor, join, or get involved?

Coyoteslayer-

Click onto the link and go to membership. With the full membership, you get the monthly eNewsletter and $1 million liability insurance policy...a great negotiating tool when gaining hunting access. Property owners love insurance policies! 

To get involved, come to a monthly meeting in your county. Just show up and say hi, we love new faces. You will get a chance to also meet one of our Fish and Game Councilmen. Good stuff.

If you have any other questions, send them my way.

Ray

Edited by NJSFSC