IGNORED

No rounds in the chamber

_X7

Put one in the chamber just handle like there is one in the chamber. I will never get it. It’s like having a loaded gun in your house locked in a safe. What good is that. 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

11 minutes ago, Coyoteslayer said:

With little ones gotta have em locked  in safe. Always have at least one on me. Treat all guns like they are loaded is how I was told. If there are grizzlies near it’s loaded!! 

I get that 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

First time I went to Montana we were gonna do some long range shooting.  guide told us straight up dont shoot rifle close to camp. Called it the dinner bell effect. All the bears have trained themselves to gunshot=free meal. Every bear within 7 miles will head your way if hes hungry enough. Shoulder holster probably was getting in his way but you gotta have a side holster then. Hes probably guided for years and never had an incident. You never think itll be your time. Sad guy had 5 kids.

10 hours ago, Coyoteslayer said:

With little ones gotta have em locked  in safe. Always have at least one on me. Treat all guns like they are loaded is how I was told. If there are grizzlies near it’s loaded!! 

Buy a small, quick access gun safe. It can be opened in the dark. 

11 hours ago, _X7 said:

my son was right there, (setting up a camp with a couple buddies a couple miles farther in), when they rode out they actually found the guides horse, saddlebags... they went to a hilltop for cell service after seeing the chopper and that's how they found out what was going on.  Very sad story on a multitude of levels

without me, my rifle is nothing

ITS HARD TO BELIEVE THAT AN EXPIERENCED GUIDE WOULD NOT HAVE A CHAMBERED SIDE ARM WITH HIM, Maybe what they need to to is vide raw meat to the AH's that are suing to stop the hunt and allow them to hand feed these cute grizzly bears.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL