IGNORED

Chukars

Finsup1986

These birds fly low.  I see the knuckleheads shoot pheasant without a care in the world if a person is near them or not.  How do you think this is going to turn out with people that have not shot them or quail.  Good luck 

Edited by JHbowhunter
fixed Chuckars to Chukars

I think being honest is the first step. There's been less birds all year not just the week they are releasing the chuckars.

Trying to obtain a few more pheasant from other sources might of had some merit .

Irish Potato Famine - White Privilege 

2 minutes ago, Bones said:

My only fear is they make this a common practice because Chukar are much cheaper to buy they pheasant and easier to transport.

I thought the same thing. They do encourage feedback according to their website on the chukar stocking. I would bet if they receive some positive feedback you will see more chukars next year also.

9 minutes ago, Winetree said:

They can buy pheasant just as easy getting chukar .  We paid for "pheasant/quail stamp".    Not "pheasant/quail with a chance of chukar stamp" the state is just cheaping out 

Or maybe because its later in season the price went up.   Or maybe one supplier can't fill the needs for pheasant and they don't don't to go to multiple places...  it's one stocking..  go have fun if you don't like it don't go i know I'm going it will be a nice change in pace 

how anybody can feel shorted when they get 3 stocking a week for 8 weeks for 50 bucks is beyond my comprehension. Then the state buys 3,000 chukers because of a significant amount of birds died in the pens and folks are still mad .  I suggest that next year you invest your 50 bucks in a private club and see how far that gets you ... 

good luck saturday and be safe. 

Or maybe because its later in season the price went up.   Or maybe one supplier can't fill the needs for pheasant and they don't don't to go to multiple places...  it's one stocking..  go have fun if you don't like it don't go i know I'm going it will be a nice change in pace 

Vito Vito Vito, “if you dont like it don’t go” sir i like and respect you but that’s the typical FU we would expect from F&G, not you. If the bird production numbers were down they knew it long ago, not last week and could have obtained more earlier and you know that. This is a test to see if they could start a 50/50 split on stocking because now that they have dabbled into the procurement process they see the “savings” by out sourcing is not there, in fact it leans the other way monetarily. I will not purchase another stamp until late next year to see what their next move is as well as many of the bird hunter I know. It’s not about the money. I will gladly give my money every other weekend to Hunts Preserve snd get what I paid for and waterfowl hunt the weekends in between. A BS move by F&G to say the least. They can shove their lame chuckers up their ass

Sent via carrier pigeon

AWM

I think like other this is the start of something different. I don't care what they put out as long as the stock the birds at all. If next year they are buying all the birds then they should know how many birds  they can get and at what price .if they have raise the price then do it but they have to stock what they say they are going to.and the allocation program  should go away. 

I got my 2019 stamp I’m not mad that they are getting 3000 Chukar because of a shortage but I don’t want this to be a regular habit I prefer pheasant and I know the limit is 7 Chukar but they’re not stocking triple the amount or even double the amount the area I hunt is getting 20 extra birds for 200 guys and dogs.

Like I said I’m not upset at all if this is a one time deal.

Even under a state contract we get a lot for our $40 for what a pheasant cost to buy.

1 hour ago, maximus66 said:

Vito Vito Vito, “if you dont like it don’t go” sir i like and respect you but that’s the typical FU we would expect from F&G, not you. If the bird production numbers were down they knew it long ago, not last week and could have obtained more earlier and you know that. This is a test to see if they could start a 50/50 split on stocking because now that they have dabbled into the procurement process they see the “savings” by out sourcing is not there, in fact it leans the other way monetarily. I will not purchase another stamp until late next year to see what their next move is as well as many of the bird hunter I know. It’s not about the money. I will gladly give my money every other weekend to Hunts Preserve snd get what I paid for and waterfowl hunt the weekends in between. A BS move by F&G to say the least. They can shove their lame chuckers up their ass

Sent via carrier pigeon

I think don't know what happened..  could have been die off or sources fell through...  I feel it's one stocking so take it or leave it..  if it was def gonna be a regular occurrence I could see being upset but it's one time at this point to make the last day...   again if it was 100 percent a permanent thing I would have issues... no hard feelings were can disagree respectfully....

Edited by vdep217

IMO, the bag limit of 7 is too much. They just aren't stocking enough birds to warrant a limit of 7. It would be one thing if they stocked triple the birds, but to go from a bag limit of 2 to a bag limit of 7 when they aren't stocking more than 20 or 30 birds extra per area, I just think they are going to get all shot up in the early morning and not give the afternoon guys a chance.

Personally, I do not like going out during the war zone in that first hour. So I'm willing to skip the morning - I'm OK giving up space for the early guys and let them have first crack at the birds (I'm sure they don't mind me skipping the morning - one less person they have to deal with in the field), but throw me a bone and make sure some birds are left over. With a bag limit of 7, I don't think much will be left after that first couple hours after shooting time.