IGNORED

Favorite Christmas Food/Dessert

3Blade

1 minute ago, LPJR said:

Linguine con Alici. Hands down with bread crumbs and ground anchovies. Just had it last night at my wife's family get together in New York...

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1006-pasta-with-bread-crumbs-and-anchovies-sicilian-style

I was just telling my wife about an hour ago that I was craving anchovies. I haven't had any in a long time.

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

well tomorrow night, Christmas Eve for us Italians is bigger then Christmas Day

So tomorrow evening I'm happy with all the different fishes( smelts, baccala (few different ways) clams, mussles, shrimp various ways, calamari and scungilli salad, fried calamari , pasta with sardines and bread crumbs

sweets:

struffoil, , tordilli, gaggionetti, buzzolai, mostacciolo, cannolis, cheescake (NY and ricotta), Sfogliatelle, and so many others

Christmas Day, Rigatoni with pigs feet, meatballs, hot/sweet sausage, beef/pork neck bones, beef braciola, then prime rib, with broccoli rabe, italian style mashed potatoes 

both days the meal is followed by a food coma

I'm doing a bit of a twist on the standard Italian fish Xmas Eve tomorrow.  Still making plenty of fried calamari, but I'm doing seafood wood fired pizza for everything else.  Shrimp scampi pie, bacon + scallop alfredo pie, scallop and pancetta pie,  crab and arugula pie, anchovie pie and a shrimp + scallop + prosciutto pie.  I made a ton of caramelized onions and and I have a massive hunk of parmigiano reggiano for the pizza and more fresh mozz than I know what to do with.  Gonna do some with red sauce and some with alfredo.  I have enough sourdough for 6 pies.  Also doing wedge salads.

Christmas day I'm smoking a Turkey and doing a rib roast crusted in smoked salt, cracked pepper and fresh garlic.  Gonna cook that over hardwood on the grill until its nice and rare.  Also doing fresh cranberry sauce, roasted carrots and cornbread sausage stuffing.

The desserts are off the chart.  Mostly everything BHC listed, plus about 6 other types of cookies my mom makes.   I think a cherry pie and a cheesecake too.  I'm full just thinking about it

Edited by not on the rug

1 hour ago, BHC said:

well tomorrow night, Christmas Eve for us Italians is bigger then Christmas Day

So tomorrow evening I'm happy with all the different fishes( smelts, baccala (few different ways) clams, mussles, shrimp various ways, calamari and scungilli salad, fried calamari , pasta with sardines and bread crumbs

sweets:

struffoil, , tordilli, gaggionetti, buzzolai, mostacciolo, cannolis, cheescake (NY and ricotta), Sfogliatelle, and so many others

Christmas Day, Rigatoni with pigs feet, meatballs, hot/sweet sausage, beef/pork neck bones, beef braciola, then prime rib, with broccoli rabe, italian style mashed potatoes 

both days the meal is followed by a food coma

Nice guys! Only saving grace for me (that is insuring my pants will fit this week) is I am working nights on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Otherwise, that full blown food coma would happen if I were off.......Enjoy! 

7 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

I'm doing a bit of a twist on the standard Italian fish Xmas Eve tomorrow.  Still making plenty of fried calamari, but I'm doing seafood wood fired pizza for everything else.  Shrimp scampi pie, bacon + scallop alfredo pie, scallop and pancetta pie,  crab and arugula pie, anchovie pie and a shrimp + scallop + prosciutto pie.  I made a ton of caramelized onions and and I have a massive hunk of parmigiano reggiano for the pizza and more fresh mozz than I know what to do with.  Gonna do some with red sauce and some with alfredo.  I have enough sourdough for 6 pies.  Also doing wedge salads.

Christmas day I'm smoking a Turkey and doing a rib roast crusted in smoked salt, cracked pepper and fresh garlic.  Also doing fresh cranberry sauce, roasted carrots and cornbread sausage stuffing.

The desserts are off the chart.  Mostly everything BHC listed, plus about 6 ither types of cookies my mom makes.   I think a cherry pie and a cheesecake too.  I'm full just thinking about it

Awesome! Wood fired pizza at the next get together Phil. You have been volunteered! 

Edited by LPJR

7 hours ago, LPJR said:

Nice guys! Only saving grace for me (that is insuring my pants will fit this week) is I am working nights on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Otherwise, that full blown food coma would happen if I were off.......Enjoy! 

ROOKIE.....Watch your six

Merry Christmas 

Edited by BHC

Changing it up this year, the wifes family (Italian) never change, so I resolved to do everything new and different. Baby Arugula salad with baby kale, lemon, pomegranate seeds, feta,...

Fresh Porcini pork ragu, 

grilled asparagus, with citrus vinaigrette 

roasted assorted squashes with Ras el Hanout 

terrine ofsweetpotato,Idaho,and Korean sweet potato with nutmeg and maplesyrup

roasted crown of Pork, served with cran-apple chutney 

they are buying Italian pastries, I would have made dessert, but recovering from knee surgery.lol

Next day I am making forthefamily brunch, fresh assorted bagels including cinnamon raisin, assorted cream cheeses and homemade Gravlax