IGNORED

12/20/2018 Check In

Tarhunt

I plan on hunting this afternoon an outside perimeter of a bedding area in Zone 8. Last week, I was walking up towards it when I spotted two big bucks chasing a doe out in a field but, could not get a safe shot on the bigger buck. So, I'll try my luck again. Good luck to all who are going out today. Stay safe. 

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

5 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Good luck to you all!  And may the rain gods hold off for you.

I'm praying. I don't have great rain gear. I'm thinking about sneaking into the deer's sanctuary today and see if those 2 bucks are in there. I'll decide when I get to the farm. The wind is supposed to be out of the Southwest which is a bad wind if I try to do that. 

23 minutes ago, Tarhunt said:

I'm praying. I don't have great rain gear. I'm thinking about sneaking into the deer's sanctuary today and see if those 2 bucks are in there. I'll decide when I get to the farm. The wind is supposed to be out of the Southwest which is a bad wind if I try to do that. 

I'd come help, but I'm still sick.  Get downwind of the sanctuary if you can, and wait for them to come out.  Worst thing to do is bust them out of a bedding area this time of year.

9 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

I'd come help, but I'm still sick.  Get downwind of the sanctuary if you can, and wait for them to come out.  Worst thing to do is bust them out of a bedding area this time of year.

The wind will be the deciding factor on whether I hunt there or not. I've not hunted that section of the farm in 7 years. I purposely avoid it but, the farmer has been texting me that he's been seeing the bucks on a regular basis. So, I will try it if the wind cooperates.