IGNORED

So I tried a new archery store

MZ7Extreme

I looked up an archery store on Google close to me and Woodbridge Arms and Archery came up.  I asked on here and a few guys guys said they were good.

I brought 2 bowsI was charged 100 to set up one bow and get the cable replaced on my other bow.

To be honest I have no idea what he did that constitutes the 100 for my new bow as it was all set up and he said not much to do it's pretty set up.

Then we were talking and I said I need a new cable he looked said you need a new string too. I said the string is only a year old with maybe 200 shots on it. So I had to take his word for it as I don't know much about these things. That cost me $200.

When I came to pick them up he hands my my cable and string back and tells me my string is in grape shape you can use it as a spare. I said nothing as I will not he back. This was me experience with this establishment.

He could have been honest and said yeah just the cable, and did the right thing, but nope in my opinion he wanted my money more so than a repeat customer.

Simon Peter's is hands down is the only shop that does bows right.

Going to see them from now on don't care about the 1h 30m drive now because at least they will not let you leave until your bow shoots perfect and you are 100% satisfied.

Edited by MZ7Extreme

9 minutes ago, Hunter115522 said:

Had 2 good friends go there before this past bow season, and they RAVED about what a great guy he was. They couldn't be happier with their experience. 

Just gave my experience... Am sure some will say he's great and some won't.

Maybe I am just used to being told everything that was done, and not being allowed to leave until my bow shoots just as good as when I dropped it off.

Maybe it was just one of his off days. but I am not willing to gamble on it.

Everyone obviously has different experiences at different shops.. guys on NJH used to talk up Targeteers so much. When I was ready to buy a new Mathews, I went and saw them. I ended up buying the bow, but it was an awful experience. Even tho I was spending big $ on a new bow, they treated me like they were doing me a huge favor by selling me a bow. They spoke down to me, would stop and go chat with the "regulars"..etc. I was young back then, and I guess they didn't see a reason to treat me with respect. I would never step foot back in that place, but I know guys that love it.. 

3 minutes ago, njbowhntr said:

If you are ever in the Oxford area give me a shout. I have a hitch mount for my bow press. We could shoot at Pequest and get you dialed-in in about an hour.  I would bring a block target to broadhead tune your bow also. 

Will send you a pm 

Nice offer 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

21 minutes ago, Hunter115522 said:

Everyone obviously has different experiences at different shops.. guys on NJH used to talk up Targeteers so much. When I was ready to buy a new Mathews, I went and saw them. I ended up buying the bow, but it was an awful experience. Even tho I was spending big $ on a new bow, they treated me like they were doing me a huge favor by selling me a bow. They spoke down to me, would stop and go chat with the "regulars"..etc. I was young back then, and I guess they didn't see a reason to treat me with respect. I would never step foot back in that place, but I know guys that love it.. 

What you didn't like the turnstile and the creaky steps walking at the checkout with the old blonde haired lady show me the money I said show me the money with no smile and asked how was your experience thank you for shopping with us come back again lol

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt