IGNORED

Z4 Piece of Puke

hydro psyche

Drove to pull down and check two cameras in Z4 yesterday morning, only to find out they were both stolen.  I buy cheap cameras to put on public land unfortunately expecting that someone will have sticky fingers, but nonetheless, it sucks.  Sucks more so because these were over some really really good sign I found during permit bow, and I was excited to see if anything had been refreshing it since I set them out.  I am still amazed that such scum exists out there that think it's OK to take something that is not theirs and obviously placed there intentionally(meaning not dropped and lost)...I get it's public land and that's always a risk, but still amazes me.

Lastly, if the perpetrator is on this site, F:censored:CK YOU.  And I don't typically wish bad on others, but in this case, I wish you a holiday full of foul venison induced diarrhea and vomiting.  Rant over...to everyone else who respect other fellow hunters and their property, Merry Christmas.

A few weeks ago, someone stole my tri-pod out of my ground blind that was on private property. So, it happens on there as well. It sucks that people would feel the urge to do that. I was never brought up to think that way. 

Edited by Tarhunt

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

I didn't have them locked because I honestly didn't want to go through the extra hassle of locking them.  At one time I tied them to the trees with steel chain that I'd attach to where the bungees go, then lock that around the tree.  From now on it'll either be locked up somehow, or I'll carry a stick with me and put them 12 feet up angled down...or both.

2 hours ago, BHC said:

Some people suck.....I hunt zone 4, granted i have 40 acres of private property I'm 3 miles from the public land road.....you need to use a camlock box lag bolted to the tree with a python cable lock and pad lock

And if this set up is close enough to the road some JO will still try and steal it.........or at bare minimum damage it,,,to piss you off.....

That sucks Hydro.... can't understand why people steal from others. One could grab cams off Amazon pretty cheap, so go buy some in you need, don't steal.

I hunt Z4 archery and put out 3 cams each season. I go pretty far in where I never see another hunter all season and so far have not had any stolen. But, I do pull them prior to the gun seasons.