IGNORED

With all that Steak talk.. Seared Backstrap with Brandy Peppercorn Sauce (PIX)

Hunter115522

After all that steak talk yesterday, I was craving steak. Was gonna go buy some ribeyes, but with a freezer full of venison, I figured that'd be dumb. I threw these together at the wifes request. Seared backstraps with her favorite sauce.. a brandy peppercorn cream sauce. I actually did a reverse sear for the first time ever. I covered the straps with salt and pepper. Baked in the oven for about 30 min at 275, this is to get the internal temp up. When the temp reached about 115, I took them off. Let them sit for about 10-15 min, and then I seared them in a burning hot cast iron skillet with veg. oil. They were amazing. I never did this "reverse" sear method before. I always did the opposite, sear first, and finish in the oven. This is my new go-to way. For the sauce, I sautéed shallots in EVOO, added peppercorns that I crushed with a mortar and pestle. Then added 1/2 cup beef broth. Then about 2 tablespoons of brandy. Then wisked in some beef bouillon for a bit more flavor.  Wisked in about 1/3 cup of heavy cream. I also like to sauté a jalapeño and serve it with the steak. I also did asparagus and cherry tomatoes that I didn't get a pic of. And that's about it... 

Screenshot_20181216-202155_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20181216-202237_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20181216-201946_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Hunter115522