IGNORED

Freezer mishap leads to lots of cooking

DV1

My daughter failed to completely close the door of our stand up freezer in the basement and the result was several packages of meat partially, or fully thawed. Of course, they were the smaller ones...like tenderloins and backstraps.

So, spent last weekend moving the frozen food, defrost, then cleaning the freezer, and then restocking it. What was defrosted, got cooked. Made a few foil pans of venison parm, 3 pans of beef (venison tenderloin) and broccoli and roast venison...like roast beef. All the foil pans went back in the freezer and will be used later as pre-cooked meals. The roast was eaten this week. No pics of the broccoli dish but the parm came out good and the roasted backstrap...roast beef style...was excellent. Had a few thick cut slices with a horseradish cream sauce, and thin sliced the leftover chunk for roast venison sandwiches...on a club roll with the sauce, swiss and banana peppers. 

20181208_110518.jpg

20181213_085450.jpg

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

I know its late now, but, you should get one of those wireless temperature gauges ... it would have alerted you to the problem before it was too late. Last year I posted a thread on a gadget I bought, can't find the thread now but.. I know @Haskell_Hunter got saved because the same thing happened to him but he had one of those gadgets so he got saved.