IGNORED

stale Birds

FowlHooked

From the reports I've been reading it seems most mallards are still up in New York.  In my limited experience we don't really see a good push of birds in until the real winter sets in and new york is completely locked up.  There was a great migration report on Team Realtree that seemed very accurate.  The season started off really well with cold weather pushing a lot of the early migrators in.  We were loaded up with wood ducks (both resident and migratory).  I have a feeling things aren't gonna really peak until January with the way the weather reports are looking.  Here's the Realtree Report, good read:   https://www.realtree.com/waterfowl-hunting/flyway-report/atlantic-flyway-waterfowl-hunting-holding-steady

Checked the spot I heard the honkers yesterday and was quite surprised. It’s a flooded field/timber hole that’s only about knee to waist eel in spots. Found about 400 honkers, about a 100 or so mallards with a few blacks mixed in, a good group of GWT and a big wad of ring necks. Never seen any ringers in the area before so I guess the ice is really throwing them off. Going to hit it in the am so we’ll see what happens 

Most what I've shot up until this point this season have been mallards, even early season... Mallards and teal mostly. Couple black ducks. Couple wigeon. But up until last week most my spots have dried up so I've switched over to honks because I have plenty of them around until we get the next round of quacks.

Edited by chenrossi