IGNORED

need help identifying a Bear recurve bow

koz

Hello all. I was given this bow and would like help understanding the bow. It is marked Bear Kodiak, "glass power" on top limb.  It is an interesting bow, it has an arrow shelf cut on both sides of the riser. The riser below the leather grip reads 64" DD105 49# . The limb tips are reinforced and it has leather strike plate on both sides of the bow. 

Can anyone help me identify this bow and give a value. Thanks Koz

I believe that's the Kodiak ll,made 1953-1956,prized, desirable, valuable bow...There,being reproduced today but only in left hand or right hand by3Rivers Archery $600.......http://www.stickbow.com/features/collecting/bearkodiaks/

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

I believe that's the Kodiak ll,made 1953-1956,prized, desirable, valuable bow...There,being reproduced today but only in left hand or right hand by3Rivers Archery $600.......http://www.stickbow.com/features/collecting/bearkodiaks/
I met the Stickbowman up at the Appalachian Bowmen 3D shoot.
He is full of knowledge!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It’s a 1955 or 1956 bear kodiak (not the kodiak II).  Only difference would be the 1955 has a decal bear logo where the 1956 has a silk screen logo.  The kodiak II mentioned above had a compass in the grip (this bow does not).  The bow looks to be in great shape for its age and will sell around $300 to the average collector.  

Where would be best place to sell it.

Don't discount the potential value of these bows.  I had a Kodiak Hunter in a case for almost 40 years and sold it very quickly for good money. 

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Tradtalk is another good site also. I bought and sold hundreds of bows over the last 10 years to collect and try. I have never been screwed by a Trad guy. I did a lot of selling on Tradgang. I enjoyed that site quite a lot. Hurt my bow arm shoulder so I sold nearly all my Trad stuff except for two Harrison longbows and a Das Gen 1 recurve.

I agree with Gobblengrunt in regard to the year. I used my name on Tradgang if there are any Tradgangers here. Gil Verwey

Thanks

Gil