IGNORED

Crossbow Purchase?

XtremeHunter

Looking at buying my father a crossbow this year for Christmas.  Any advice on a brand/model?  I am in college and am not looking to spend more than $500.  I know that may limit what I can purchase but as long as its something that is reliable, I am all ears.  Reason for crossbow is because he use to always hunt with compound.  But as he's gotten more busy with work and such he doesn't have the time to practice.  He's mentioned getting a crossbow for the past few years now, I figured I could help him out and just get him one.  For how good he's been to me, its the least I could do.  Thanks guys.

Check this out:  Borkholder is a good bow shop:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0em1oZgqVo

I've owned a bunch of xbows.  IMHO, at $500 you're getting a bow that does everything a more expensive one does...its juts gonna be bigger, heavier, and might not have a great scope.   

Edited by dlist777

https://www.njwoodsandwater.com/topic/24077-pse-fang-crossbow-package-for-sale/?tab=comments#comment-300658

If your interested in going with a used bow this one worked great for me but I upgraded to a Ravin.  I can meet somewhere depending on where you are located.  Full package , upgraded sxope, hard case, over a dozen bolts , and cocking rope

Barnett Gamecrusher usually on sale for around $250 as package.

In the end it´s your call how much you invest and which brand you want to buy for your dad. Great decision to do so and if he doesn´t have that much time and uses the xbow not daily any of these brands/makes should work for a couple of years!

3 hours ago, jwalsh said:

Check out the Wicked Ridge line. Wicked Ridge is made by Ten Point, they are pretty nice. Dicks has the Invader Accu Draw on sale now for 450.

I have a wicked ridge invader and am very happy with it. The stirrup broke on mine and after one e-mail Ten Point sent me a new one at no charge, so in my opinion they are great company to do business with. Good luck with your decision.