LPJR

Gas prices....

This past week in Lafayette (just north of Sparta)

*Quick Check on the southbound corner of Rt 15 had gas priced at $2.39 for regular/credit.

*Exxon on the northbound corner of Rt 15 (across the street) it was $2.79 for the same gas and grade.

Why the discrepancy, and is this normal where you are? 

One is more greedy than the other? One is happy making money while one is happy taking it? Its a mystery to a lot of people. I notice higher prices on the highways near the malls and business centers while a few blocks into town it is markedly lower. Why is another question.

Edited by _X7
  • Like 1

40 cents per gallon is a lot. Maybe they are just to lazy to change the numbers. Quick Check is going to put that place out of business. 

• Agree 1

Owned by greedy people that's all. I have seen Exxons that charge differently from other Exxons depending where they are.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NJ Predator said:

Owned by greedy people that's all. I have seen Exxons that charge differently from other Exxons depending where they are.

Its business. They charge what they want, as they should, and if people are paying it then more power to them. Consumers have options.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

ExxonMobil is a rip off. As prices go down,  imagine how good that Christie gas tax is helping. 

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

A lot has to do with where they source their oil. Other than that it's just a business decision. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Batsto said:

ExxonMobil is a rip off. As prices go down,  imagine how good that Christie gas tax is helping. 

Gas would be under $2 without the added tax.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I have a BP by me 2.79 and the picernos is 2.39. Same road , same side of street. About 1/2 mile apart. What baffles me is there is still cars getting gas there.

Was in MD on Tuesday. Saw it for 2.17

• Like 1

Route 202 near the north maple ave exit has an exxon still at $3.29 for regular cash, credit is 10 cents more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$2.35 -$2.37 in my area

Thought there is a state law about gas prices having to be within a few cents of each station,  not $.40 

Exxon is always more money

• Like 1