Bowhunter2004

Savage 220 is awesome!

Here is two pictures of my 100 yard group, at 200 yards I'm 2.5" below center....of course I'm not getting a shot at that range on a deer here in Nj in the area I hunt

15178069_1218505168206966_8457051298662307016_n.jpg

19275292_1450305068360307_2716097696723475057_n.jpg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Sgt Joe Friday said:

I’m afraid to play around with it might knock of the sccuarcy 

I'm careful with all my guns/scopes, but more so with this one, cause it shoots so damn well

Good friend of mine didn't care for the factory stock, he put a Boyd stock on, looks great but the accuracy didn't improve at all

My feelings is the factory stock should come with a monte carlo cheek piece to align your eyes better with the scope, that would be a vast improvement 

3 hours ago, badams14 said:

Accutips shoot great but I have had expansion issues on Deer. 5 deer hit in the bread basket and no expansion, all died with in 200 yards but were a pain to find with little blood. It was like they got stabbed with a stiletto. I’ve switched to Lightfields and haven’t had an issue since. Just my experience, I’m sure I will get bashed for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great 1st hand knowledge like Matt said....Welcome to the site!

Any positive posts that are met with negative bashing on this site will be quickly addressed by the management. 

All good..:up:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, badams14 said:

Accutips shoot great but I have had expansion issues on Deer. 5 deer hit in the bread basket and no expansion, all died with in 200 yards but were a pain to find with little blood. It was like they got stabbed with a stiletto. I’ve switched to Lightfields and haven’t had an issue since. Just my experience, I’m sure I will get bashed for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard/read about hunters having concerns about that......If you want to keep the accuracy of the Accutips but question their performance on game I say try the new Remington/Barnes Sabots.....Those Barnes from a Muzzleloader are deadly.....I'm thinking of getting 6 boxes of these new slugs and trying them come spring see if they are as equal or better with accuracy then the Accutips....I shot this coyote at roughly 80 yards with Accutips/220, he spun around and dropped, I know a deer is bigger and tougher

image.png.e76d91b0e2921ce089fafe2f46a996db.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LPJR said:

Same glass on my 220. Tack driver right out of the box with 2 3/4" Accutips. Each deer has not taken 1 step at the shot. Ever.....Enjoy the gun that will quickly become your new favorite one in your safe. :up:

I stand corrected. The Leupold is on my Accura.  I have the Nikon slug hunter BDC scope on the 220. This is a pic of what I attached to the stock for a reference.

20181206_144911.jpg

20181206_144929.jpg

• Like 5