208 Bears Taken this Year

208 bears is not a bad number.  :up: 

Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 6.11.07 AM.png

Edited by Rusty
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Live to Hunt said:

I think 200 is reachable

200 would be a good number.  We are starting with a smaller population thanks to the successful hunts that we've had the past few years.  So 200 will make an impact.   

• Agree 1

I notice no bears have been shot in Hunterdon during six day. I am hunting a Hunterdon County Park where only deer can be shot . I have seen bears every day a sow with two cubs spooked a herd of deer to me on Monday. I killed a seven point from that herd. Bears cleaned up the gut pile overnight, but a bear came in sniffing that area Tuesday evening. I think the same bear laid down in my corn bait this morning for over an hour. I have a bear permit for this zone but can not shoot them on the park ! There is an age old question that is answered at the 50 second mark on this video !

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

This situation will exist as long as Murphy is in office so get used to it.   The next step the governor is contemplating is banning the bear hunt on private land and letting it go through the courts as this ban did.    

13 hours ago, njdeerhunter54 said:

I notice no bears have been shot in Hunterdon during six day. I am hunting a Hunterdon County Park where only deer can be shot . I have seen bears every day a sow with two cubs spooked a herd of deer to me on Monday. I killed a seven point from that herd. Bears cleaned up the gut pile overnight, but a bear came in sniffing that area Tuesday evening. I think the same bear laid down in my corn bait this morning for over an hour. I have a bear permit for this zone but can not shoot them on the park ! There is an age old question that is answered at the 50 second mark on this video !

DSCN2221.MOV

Loved the video you posted on Facebook, Gerry! 

• Like 1