IGNORED

December's Bear Harvest....

BHC

On 12/4/2018 at 7:57 PM, Swamprat said:

I'm down in South Jersey so no bear hunt for me but quick question. 

When you guys killed a bear , do you have to take the entire carcass(gutted) to a check in station? You can't skin and quarter prior to check in? 

If I ever did come up there for a bear hunt I'm pretty sure I'll be solo maybe one other person with me. Sounds like a lot of work. I don't mind the work but I wanna work smarter not harder. 

Nick

Only the head and paws!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

You need to be prepared!!!!Killing a bear is easy, back to the truck?Not so much!No motor vehicles allowed on state land,yeah right I made numerous calls to njfw and local police,went nowhere!Realizitation omg.I'm not a trophy hunter!!!!An Old lady german gave me a recipe marination  makes meat to die for.Killed a couple first took 3 hours draggin out on state land,found out latter. Njfw allows the use of ATV for removal/recovery registered and insured .Murphy took that away from me after eating his NY strip steak.Bear numbers will increase so will the complaints to njfw from concerned parents!

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

On 12/4/2018 at 8:40 AM, buckfever1974 said:

Not being available on WMA/state land is going to have a big impact on the numbers as well.  I would also think that guys who were hunting specific bears on private property had chances at those bears already during the bow bear season.

Girls too!