IGNORED

December's Bear Harvest....

BHC

Yup. Saw 4 bears on State land yesterday. The harvest #s will be skewed because of lack of places to hunt creating more political and eco terrorist drama . In the end Ultimately the bears will suffer. Sad back and forth we have going on here.

"Natures law of tooth and claw is far crueler then any death I could ever bestow" - Fred Bear

7 minutes ago, Gobblengrunt said:

First animal i seen yesterday was a nice bear.  Im hunting a WMA so he was off limits thanks to our pos governor.  I think a lot of hunters that have killed bears in the past are not hunting them anymore due to taxidermy bills and/ or preperation for after the kill (lits of work!)

I passed up a bear on opening day in October, for the very same reason you posted above....I killed 5 so far.....I'm tempted but then I think of the $$$$

Let's see if the media posts the increased bear incidents that will definitely happen in the coming years.

I don't wish ill on people, but when they prevent me from helping, all I can do is watch.  And this is not going to be a good four years for people in Northern NJ.  Not good at all.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

7 hours ago, Pqreturn62 said:

Passed on a ~300lber yesterday. Too far back to even think about a drag.

A few guys I hunt with who have harvested bears in the past say it’s too much work and don’t hunt them anymore.  I think they’re getting soft in their old age.

I'm down in South Jersey so no bear hunt for me but quick question. 

When you guys killed a bear , do you have to take the entire carcass(gutted) to a check in station? You can't skin and quarter prior to check in? 

If I ever did come up there for a bear hunt I'm pretty sure I'll be solo maybe one other person with me. Sounds like a lot of work. I don't mind the work but I wanna work smarter not harder. 

Nick