IGNORED

Question for the driving gang

midwestxpress

Yea I know my public land and there’s only so many adjustments one can make when there’s few deer left to adjust on and then pressured to full nocturnal!  That’s my issue the public land we all can hunt his mismanaged for the parts of the state that can’t be hunted. It’s not a “one size fits all” situation. 

“Know your public land” doesn’t really make any sense when saying you know how it’s hunted. So for the three months after six day I need to come up with a plan on unknown factors? Like when a gang is going to show up and push. What way they’re going to push and if they’re going to even show up? That’s crazy, it may workout 1 in a 100 times but all the other times wasted it isn’t worth it.

The ground has already been pushed several times leaving deer in there beds till sun goes down. That plan hardly works out the first day of the gun season forget all the following days because I’ve planned for that for the last 6 years and it’s worked out for me once! You can’t know the unknown. 

Edited by Hitemnasty

I know the woods i hunt very well  i was doing deer drives from the time i was old enough to hunt been bowhunting and muzzy hunting all those years I know whats happening in my area i left the area i hunted since i started because there were no deer and a bunch of assholes to move to another area for a few years   an area about 100 acres had cameras all through it it's a place that is heavily drove for years but always had deer last year i had a dozen  maybe fifteen legal bucks on one camera  this year i left all i could get on camera in 6 weeks with and without bait was a few does and a fork so tell me how you adjust how do you divide that among the 7 clubs with 40-80 members and  7-8 guys sitting in that area. I am not anti driving or anti anything hunting if its legal I am however saying that we have an issue and yes bow hunters take a lot of deer through out all seasons however in the area i was in i know they arent taking out what drivers are.one big issue is the mentality of we have to kill the most is past the old rivalry clubs had years ago today its just insane. idk  maybe its just in my area of south jersey I would hate to see this happen accross the state and if anyone thinks the state is managing the deer properly or has them where they want them you are blind and deaf the politicians  doen't care if there are no deer left or a few they just want us to keep paying for a license and the insurance companies lining pockets..if the state truly cared all the old fields and food patches would not be over grown the only planted fields are planted for the birds..again i am not against drives think they just need to make changes ,as for talking to them how do you talk to someone that is doing something legal to change what they are doing ?

Just now, toxo said:

Thats already been covered,over and over:beatingdeadhorse:

baiting is just a tool if used properly is effective if no one baited i have no problem with that i know where  deer move to and from in my areas however has anyone thought about how much that helps the herd in the swamps deer dont have much feed and the state let all the food plots grow up and only plants stuff for birds deer generaly dont go into those growed up brown fields....just saying 

Here’s my issue with some of these huge scale drives.....what does it do to the public’s perception of hunting? If there’s an orange wall posted along a frequently traveled road and people are driving by on the way to work or wherever it is that they’re  going, what do those non hunters take away from what they see? When theirs 20 guys in orange with guns over their shoulders marching down the main road, what image does that portray? When people have guys marching through their property, or within sight of their houses, what image are we giving them? Is it enough to take some who is “indifferent” to hunting and sway them to the “against hunting” side? While I understand that it’s a tradition, we can’t afford to not consider these questions. 6 days of tradition can be more costly then you realize

5 minutes ago, Livesintrees said:

Here’s my issue with some of these huge scale drives.....what does it do to the public’s perception of hunting? If there’s an orange wall posted along a frequently traveled road and people are driving by on the way to work or wherever it is that they’re  going, what do those non hunters take away from what they see? When theirs 20 guys in orange with guns over their shoulders marching down the main road, what image does that portray? When people have guys marching through their property, or within sight of their houses, what image are we giving them? Is it enough to take some who is “indifferent” to hunting and sway them to the “against hunting” side? While I understand that it’s a tradition, we can’t afford to not consider these questions. 6 days of tradition can be more costly then you realize

agree 110%

Let me add, I think drives on public land should NOT be allowed, for one some hunters may only hunt on opening day of 6 day or just the week, also the public land deer are pressured all season

4 hours ago, Hitemnasty said:

Percentage wise they are killing more, less guys killing more deer in a smaller time frame with much more stress on them. You can make assumptions about deer not being pushed to death even though every book and article I’ve read about deer on the subject says otherwise about how fragile they are in the winter months, specially bucks. Look it up...

So my assumption, is a good percentage of deer killed by drivers go unreported... Buckshot leaves little trace of a hit with very little blood trail. These guys don’t have time to search around for a deer that was maybe hit they need to get on with the next drive. Dude thought the buck was bigger so decides not to tag it. Shoot first ask questions later, so how many deer found don’t get tagged? Gang mentality is safety in numbers so just shoot that buck you don’t have a tag for it’s cool. We all have assumptions.....

I still don't agree with you they kill more, even percentage wise, but that is really irrelevant. When it comes to conservation only the actual numbers count, not some obscured percentage of this or that. That's why it is very hard, if not impossible to use the "they kill too many deer" argument against deer driving. It isn't a logical but rather emotional argument.
As you read about how "fragile deer are" during the winter months pay attention to the region of the country the writing is all about. It isn't about mild winters of NJ, with abundance of natural and otherwise available food. No one writes articles and books about NJ deer:-).  Deer are not starving in NJ
At the end we are on the same page because I, like you, believe there is no room in this state for deer driving on public land.

Has it ever been brought up to useless game council about banning deer/bear drives on all public lands?

I commented on NJDFW Facebook post about it and they completely ignored me. And then some guy told me if I don’t like drives I should stay out of the woods this week. [emoji2959]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk