IGNORED

Jet Sled?

HamiltonR&G

I was not going to buy one after a friend said the bottom would wear out if it were not used strictly on snow. I picked a medium sized jet sled last week at Stokes Sport Shop.  I have used it 4 times bringing blinds, pumpkins, tools, etc into different spots. Barely wearing at all on the bottom and like said so many times above,  I cannot believe I waited so long to get one. Absolutely love it, and I haven't even carried a deer in it yet! 

I have a jet sled and love it, but I also purchased a tilt n go made by Viking solutions. The jet sled is best on ice, snow, and ok on wet leaves. If theres no snow on the ground the best thing is by far the tilt n go.  There are a few videos on you tube so if your interested take a look and you will be impressed 

"Your short on ears and long on mouth"

Sled's good on snow and rough terrain. Too much friction on flat ground like a rr bed or grass field.   I use my cart when I can, and transfer the deer into the sled before putting it in the truck.  It makes it easier to load the deer and keep the truck clean.  I spray mine with permethrin after each use, and keep it under the deer when butchering.  It is also good for ice fishing to carry gear.

Used one for I think 5 seasons on all types of terrain with many deer. Just started showing some wear on the bottom so I bought the optional rail set that attach to the bottom ridges. I think the sled will fall apart before these rails will wear out, but only downside is I’ve noticed they cause a bit more friction on dry ground. They are fairly thick , so when turning the sled on dry ground they tend to catch a little, nothing crazy, just enough to notice however. 

I have used both carts and sleds and I think it depends on the situation which one is better. If you're going through any kind of mud or water then the sled is better. But if you're on dry ground then the cart is better. I mostly use mine to fill my #200 spin feeder which is about a 20 min walk to get to. Half hour bringing in corn. With #200 of corn behind me a cart definitely helps lessen the weight. With the sled what's in there it's all on you to drag.

Edited by amaraziti

I also retrofitted mine with a nice padded handle that two people can use if necessary. 

Only thing I’ve found is if the lead rope to the actual handle is too long, when you’re in brushy woods or area with lots of saplings, the sled will not track directly behind you and get hung up occasionally. Shortening the rope solves the problem. 

Edited by Pathman