BHC

Great Deal On The Savage 220

I just want the stainless
Stainless = less worrying about rust.

David

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I can assure you SS one doesn't keep maintained it will rust...no matter of the metal keep it clean and you will never have a issue

the blue barrel version is carbon steel

Edited by BHC
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Hold out for the stainless. It’s only a few bucks more and it looks great. To me stainless represents higher  quality. My TC omega is also in stainless.  

• Agree 1

sounds like a good deal has anyone had trouble with their bolt I read that it is rough and has to be pulled back very hard. if so do you think a gunsmith could make it  smoother 

Stainless can be a slight issue as far as concealment. Barrel can be fairly visible in the wrong light..  not a big deal but  a small reason why I'm ok with blues barrels. Nitrite treat is best but dont think available in 220

52 minutes ago, rec913 said:

sounds like a good deal has anyone had trouble with their bolt I read that it is rough and has to be pulled back very hard. if so do you think a gunsmith could make it  smoother 

I purchased mine 8 years ago and I have to admit the action was rough, I lapped the bolt and bolt rails and it became smoother. The bolt needs to be worked, I mean you don't have to work as if you're the Hulk , but in the same token don't baby it

2 hours ago, rec913 said:

I havent cycled many shells through mine yet, but I was surprised how smooth the action was after everything I read online.  No extra effort needed so far to eject a shell. 

• Like 1