IGNORED

Heated socks suggestions

jlaz90

So this is the first year my daughter is allowed to duck hunt with me. We sat yesterday and with in a hour her feet were freezing. I want her to continue to be able to come with me but need something to help her. Does anyone use any electric socks or soles? Do they really work. Any input would be appreciated. Any glove ideas would help as well

Choices are : Toe Heaters, electric socks, portable heater in blind, or Boot Blankets. They all work. However you must start with a good base layer of sock that will wick the moisture off the foot. For that you must use a basic polypropylene liner sock as the first layer. Without it, it doesn't matter what else you use after that because her feet will get cold. After the polypropylene liner use the highest content wool sock that you can find

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

I've had this problem for ever. No matter what socks I tried my feet just get freezing cold. This is the first year I'm using these.. IceBreaker boot blankets. Simply put, they WORK. My feet stay toasty. If you don't already, get in the habit of having her change her socks after you guys get set up. I know with me, my feet sweat on the walk in and that causes your feet to freeze since they're wet. Now on cold days I change my socks when I get to my stand, then I put the boot blankets on. Yes, they look ridiculous but they work LOL good luck. I'm currently rocking them now.. 

20181123_124355.jpg

I use a thin athletic sock as my first layer, than I  put toe warmers on the top and bottom of my toes, than use a heavy wool sock. I’ve been doing it this way for the last two seasons and it’s worked really well. Been able to sit 6+ hours at a time with no problem. Also, I’ve have 2,000 gram inferno boots from cabelas which have plenty of room in them. Tight boots equal cold feet. I tried electric socks but the batteries die on them so fast you’re constantly having to change them

Try 35 below socks my friend bought them and swears by them. if you are hunting out of a pond box I used to take a sleeping bag for my son when he was little, kick off the boots and jump into the sleeping bag in the pond box.

Edited by tuny