IGNORED

Snow Plowing Question

Vanilla Killer

Residential is different than commercial when it comes to contracts mainly due to the fact that its much more of a pain.  With that being said I found it easier to go on a “per push” charge. Meaning 1 flat rate to do said property. 2” of snow may only take 1 visit while 12” may take 2 or 3. Now as far as price every property may be different based on the area your in. What’s the street condition? How much of the driveway do cars take up? Is there a sidewalk? Does the city push snow onto the walk? Is there a lot of steps? And what is your time worth to you?

Residential is different it usually depends on the storm like said above.. obviously a 3 inch storm is very different from a 30inch storm.  And every driveway is different length, grade, difficulty.  There's alot of driveways I wouldn't even touch.  Sometimes the risk isn't worth the reward.  

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been doing the same driveways for 30 years. Here’s my deal. Every driveway is a different price. Each has its own personality as far as design, landscaping, how many cars you leave in my way, etc. I only plow blacktop. I don’t plow fancy stone or block driveways. I don’t do walks. I’m in a hurry so I don’t stop to get paid. You mail me a check within 10 days. If I don’t get the check in 10 days, I’m done plowing your driveway. I don’t need to chase people for money. I have people begging to be on my list. I only have as many people on my list as I can Service properly. I will not plow any driveway that I haven’t seen without snow on it and in the daylight. I am fully insured and my list is done in the same rotation each storm. I don’t care if your a doctor, lawyer or whatever. You can’t buy your way to the top of the list and no one is more important than the other. If this doesn’t suit some people, I’m the wrong guy for the job. It’s a system that has worked for me for 30 years and for my dad for 20 years before that.