IGNORED

Camping at stokes

Kype

Can anyone give me information on camping at stokes. Looking for anyone who have actually camped there. Are you able to camp and hunt at the same time. I may be interested in camping up there and also do some predator hunting while I'm there. Thanks. 

Yes you can camp and hunt. The year before Stevo died I met him up there while hunting and camping. Im really glad I had that opportunity since he got real bad after that and never recovered. The cabins and leantos may be booked for 6 Day already. 

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Did many years ago with my Father and again with my Wife. They have a website for all information and Rules for reservations for each time of the year, A must have is winter camping gear if U plan on Nov. Dec. Jan. I would go for the Cabins with fireplaces. also, check Firewood availability.   Also, keep in mind SNOW.  Visit Stocks State Forest web Site where there are Maps of sites & Fees. they did take reservations online and Mail. Edited no Credit cards to accepted as Hunter stated. If I was you a trip there and a drive around would be a good idea. it is not for everyone.   PS Cooking is another story. There are some great places close by to avoid that. Good Luck. 

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

We rent a cabin in Stokes every year. Been doing it since 2001, this was our 17th year. You book online, and credit cards are absolutely accepted, so disregard the above misinformation. The cabins book pretty quick, the tent sites are easier to get. The area around the cabins is zone 1 for deer. I've never predator hunted up there, just deer. If you want more info, shoot me a PM, I'd be glad to help ya out. 

13 minutes ago, Hunter115522 said:

We rent a cabin in Stokes every year. Been doing it since 2001, this was our 17th year. You book online, and credit cards are absolutely accepted, so disregard the above misinformation. The cabins book pretty quick, the tent sites are easier to get.

Sorry, my information was from many years ago when rentals were very different.  I made the Correction ( Accepted ), Cabins were Bare Lentos even more Tent Platforms just that level area. That is why I recommend going to the site. I could not believe how much it has changed after just visiting the Site.   

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

The lean-tos are enclosed and are like a mini cabin. They are pretty neat. I bring my camper. For $20 bucks a night you can't beat it. However as was stated above, weather and winter camping preparedness are a must.

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Thanks for the info. My plan was to rent a lean to. Agreed on being prepared for winter camping. For food I would bring a bunch of mountain houses. That way I  could just boil water and have a hot quick easy meal. Maybe I'll take a drive up there to check things out and areas surrounding the lean to for hunting.