IGNORED

Best winter gear ??

Hetley75

2 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Check and make sure you actually got a large.

I wear 2× in everything except cabelas stuff I only wear an XL.

CABELAS  clothes  almost always run big

Just checked - LG on the tag.   Despite having a bit of a buddha belly (although 2 weeks of bowhunting daily and not eating much shrunk it), the tightness is in the arms through shoulders, and it's ok in the belly.  I can wear a light  down vest under it which is basically all I need to low 20s anyway, but I tried a heavy wool sweater and the arms and shoulders were a bit tight.  I have another older cabelas outfit that is same size and can easily handle "both" if I wanted to except it's not as warm as this wooltimate set. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

15 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Just checked - LG on the tag.   Despite having a bit of a buddha belly (although 2 weeks of bowhunting daily and not eating much shrunk it), the tightness is in the arms through shoulders, and it's ok in the belly.  I can wear a light  down vest under it which is basically all I need to low 20s anyway, but I tried a heavy wool sweater and the arms and shoulders were a bit tight.  I have another older cabelas outfit that is same size and can easily handle "both" if I wanted to except it's not as warm as this wooltimate set. 

Must have got one that ran small. They will take it back. 

My xl has enough room under  it for many layers 

their tall sizes also give a little more room also

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I've tried the Sitka Incinerator jacket on and I can't get past the tight fitting arms. As I understand it, it is designed that way on purpose. I can't stand it. Anyone have any experience with the First Lite Sanctuary set? I've been really interested in them.

David

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

I just bought the Sitka Incinerator bibs and jacket and was skeptical of the form fitting fit.  First let me say that I do look damn sexy in it :tooth: but aside from that it is comfortable and warm.  Unfortunately, it is a little noisy.  On a calm day with no wind (or in NJ no traffic) you ain't drawing on a deer that's close without being heard.  I also have the IWOM that's great once ya get used to it.

Edited by B B

1 hour ago, nmc02 said:

I think the Sitka gear incinerator bib and jacket are the best out there. Crazy expensive, worth every penny. Mine are 10 years old and are perfect. There warranty is insane. It will cost you $1100....well worth it. By once, cry once.

Totally agree...and I’m not an agreeable person....so says my wife. I don’t agree with her

13 minutes ago, B B said:

I just bought the Sitka Incinerator bibs and jacket and was skeptical of the form fitting fit.  First let me say that I do look damn sexy in it :tooth: but aside from that it is comfortable and warm.  Unfortunately, it is a little noisy.  On a calm day with no wind (or in NJ no traffic) you ain't drawing on a deer that's close without being heard.  I also have the IWOM that's great once ya get used to it.

See that noise factor rules it out for me.  It's why I prefer fleece and wool.  Very quiet!

I saw mention of Cabelas Hamburg store, don't wast your time. I went there in the beginning of October to get some new boots, I like trying on things before I buy them. The bargain cave is gone, they did away with it. I think I have a bigger camo selection in my garage then they had in the entire store. The racks on everything were spread out to make the store look full. There was hardly anyone shopping in there. A real shame. The store was only a little better than Dicks. Don't wast your time on the trip. Everything I asked for they said they didn't have in the store but could order it. We'll so could I and probably cheaper.

2 hours ago, jwalsh said:

I saw mention of Cabelas Hamburg store, don't wast your time. I went there in the beginning of October to get some new boots, I like trying on things before I buy them. The bargain cave is gone, they did away with it. I think I have a bigger camo selection in my garage then they had in the entire store. The racks on everything were spread out to make the store look full. There was hardly anyone shopping in there. A real shame. The store was only a little better than Dicks. Don't wast your time on the trip. Everything I asked for they said they didn't have in the store but could order it. We'll so could I and probably cheaper.

I usually love a trip to Cabela's occasionally but I went a few weeks ago as well and the store was a mess so cluttered and disorganized and like you said almost no hunting clothes. 

Same thing happened to me I went to try on some different boots. They had nothing in my size. Over 2 hour ride and I bought my son one of those woods toy guns. Lol. Now I got to one in Delaware. Smaller store but always seems pretty well stocked

I do 2 things, hunt and ski. Just putting this out there, the best winter gear made is Spyder. I wear a thin base layer under my jacket,  does not matter if it's 10 below or 35. I am comfortable. I got Spyder gear about 25 years ago, and will never want or need a new one. The sticker price will stun you, but it's a lifetime investment. 

Years ago I bought a Filson jacket, the double mackinaw cruiser.   I just looked at the cost, its up there but well worth  it.  I've worn it on below 0 days and it keeps me warm.  I use cold gear as a base layer, heavy wool shirt and a british commando sweater underneath.   Wool pants and insulated muck boots on the bottom.  When I hike in I strap the jacket to my backpack, and put it on at my stand.