IGNORED

Shoulder Injury?

MGHunter66

Hey guys got a question for you guys that have run into shoulder problems. 3-4weeks ago I was shooting my compound and after around the 10th shot I started to feel some pain in my shoulder . basically the pain is in the front of the shoulder between my shoulder and collarbone. it seem to be going away but every once in a while in the evening the pain was still there. kind of confused whether it’s something just muscular or is a further problem. I just spent a week up Oak Orchard fly fishing and seemed to have a little pain in the morning but then as I was fishing it really didn’t bother me then again at the end of the day which seem a little sore seems to kind of come and go and was wondering if any of you guys have had this experience and know if it’s serious or not just trying to get some info before I go to doctor and have it checked out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWM

It can go away. I had severe pain in my arm/shoulder about 4 years ago. I thought my ability to work was going to be severely limited. I took a long vacation and did not abuse it and it went away never to come back. I do everything as normal with no problems. My business partner was having issues with his neck. It eventually went away. You may not be as lucky. As the joke goes: "Doc, it hurts when I do this". The Doctor said "don't do it". Give it a rest and it may take care of itself. 

Sounds like a little bicep tendinitis. Minor just some rest. We all get bone spurs with age and the tendin rubs against the Spurs. I have had shoulder surgery and know a lot about it. I had mine removed while having rotator cuff surgery. Ice and massage is best solution. Do not get any shots. 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

42 minutes ago, maximus66 said:

Thanks for the insight guys. Have a doc appointment this afternoon. Keeping fingers crossed that it is just minor not requiring anything invasive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell no you don’t need anything invasive. Surgery is absolutely last resort. You didn’t have an injury. It is just age. Everyone will get shoulder pains as we get older.  You use your shoulders a lot fishing and bow hunting. 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

Thats what happens when you fight those beasts. Lol

My shoulders, elbows, wrists you name it all hurt. I was really having major pain in my shoulder years ago a switched to an XBow so I could still hunt. The shoulder pain went away with rest. The elbow was worse and I recieved a shot which really helped. 

I've heard alot of opinions on the shots but it worked for me. I was told that you can not continue the shots because over time they can create damage but it was one shot and done for 2 yrs now. 

I broke my collar bone in 2001. Everything seemed to be fine up until last November. I started to run into shoulder pain and half of my hand would go numb when I was at full draw. Turns out I have bursitis in my shoulder and an impingement that's causing half of my hand to go numb at full draw. I went through 10 weeks of physical therapy twice a week. The "pain" is gone since doing the physical therapy but I still have the numb feeling. 

Sounds like Tendonitis. Take 2 Aleve in morning and 2 more at Dinner for one week. Do some arm/shoulder stretches. If  it seems improved, hit the gym and do light hand held bar bells to get full range of motion. 

Edited by Batsto