IGNORED

11/15 Check In - Pre-Snow Storm Hunt

yoda4x4

Good luck PSE. We're in the calm before the storm. 
I went back to a spot I hunted only once with the bow during muzzleloader season. Must have been deer behind my and somebody shot down into the brush at me. First time back here since and I'm surrounded by tracks and rubs. Hope the deer move before the storm. 
Dug my back into a rotten tree root.
15422875034662265503105199002998.thumb.jpg.b87c2340afa9dbd85a43d2dccb364e7e.jpg

Luck to you as well. Seems you already got more than me lol. So far 11 squirrels no deer. To be honest though this stand has always been an evening stand. I hit the snooze to many times so this ones closer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Rusty said:

Welcome to the site brent.  I'm on the other end of the state so I'm no help.  

thanks rusty, thats bummer. do you know anything about the WMA rules? do they allow shotgun during the 6 day season? seems those are my only options to hunt at the moment.  and once permit bow closes on the 17th , no more bow hunting untill winter bow? just trying to get the rules and season right, still need to make the trip to virginia to pick up all my firearms

4 minutes ago, brentnb88 said:

thanks rusty, thats bummer. do you know anything about the WMA rules? do they allow shotgun during the 6 day season? seems those are my only options to hunt at the moment.  and once permit bow closes on the 17th , no more bow hunting untill winter bow? just trying to get the rules and season right, still need to make the trip to virginia to pick up all my firearms

Yes you can gun hunt on the WMAs.

Yes, if Extended Bow closes in your zone then you can't bow hunt until Winter Bow.

Here's a link to all the regulations. 

https://njfishandwildlife.com/dighnt18.htm

4 hours ago, brentnb88 said:

just moved to cape may and starting to hunt zone 34 , anyone hunt the WMAs in cape may?

Welcome to the site!  I'm a little north of you and hunt mostly in central NJ.  There's a few deep southerners here though, hopefully they'll chime in!  Good luck down there! :up:

47 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

@brentnb88 it also looks like Zone 34 is a special reg zone.

From the Regulation Sets at https://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/2018/regsets18-19.pdf

yes i caught that thanks. hopefully someone will jump in and chat, i work a two week on to week off schedule so hopeing to get in the woods for a couple weeks when i get home 12/5