IGNORED

Slow rut

Lphunsjr

well I surely "should have" had another slammer buck posted, but me "Mr. Shot placement", had some operator error (can't judge yardage well when backdrop is open field)  and failed to place the arrow where it belonged on a 29 yard broadside wide-ass buck.  The arrow was ultimately placed in the dirt zipping about 4" below the heart instead of the 2" above it as planned.  That 11/4 miss was one of the very few actual "rut activity" days I had from permit bow opener, ending with my last hunt on Veterans day. I did a LOT of hunting and saw a lot of deer - more does than I have ever seen during the rut and many still grouped together.   If I could do it over again would have skipped first week of permit bow and done this week instead along with last week.    

Due to that epic "miss",  I am now the proud owner of a RANGE FINDER after 34 years of bowhunting.   Who says you can't fix "stupid" ?

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

9 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

well I surely "should have" had another slammer buck posted, but me "Mr. Shot placement", had some operator error (can't judge yardage well when backdrop is open field)  and failed to place the arrow where it belonged on a 29 yard broadside wide-ass buck.  The arrow was ultimately placed in the dirt zipping about 4" below the heart instead of the 2" above it as planned.  That 11/4 miss was one of the very few actual "rut activity" days I had from permit bow opener, ending with my last hunt on Veterans day. I did a LOT of hunting and saw a lot of deer - more does than I have ever seen during the rut and many still grouped together.   If I could do it over again would have skipped first week of permit bow and done this week instead along with last week.    

Due to that epic "miss",  I am now the proud owner of a RANGE FINDER after 34 years of bowhunting.   Who says you can't fix "stupid" ?

It's the age and eye sight going Jack. 

In my backyard, Asbury, I witnessed heavy rut activity from November 1-November 10. Interestingly none of this activity occurred in typical areas. When these bigger bucks locked in on a doe they became statues. But I witnessed many bucks locked on a doe midday while just doing things around the Property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, BowhunterNJ said:

I thought today would be on fire.  It might be somewhere but not where I'm sitting lol

Not sure if you are hunting close to home, but I have a buddy who is hunting close by and he has been seeing bucks non-stop. He hunted Monday and this morning and missed a big boy this morning.

I'm your Huckleberry :devious: