IGNORED

Jury Duty

toxo

I got called for Jury two years in a row, the 2nd time I called the guy on the phone said that's impossible cause Bergen County has so many residents, he called me back and said the judge said I must report....Another time I called I was living in my current home for just over 6 months when I got a notice to appear for jury duty in Bergen County, I called and explained I moved out of Bergen County about 6 months ago, the clerk said he doesn't matter a summons is a summons, so I filled out the form explaining that I have moved, response from the judge was I must report or there will be a warrant for my arrest....My sister works for the BC probation dept., and knows many people in the courthouse including judges, a different judge informed her that since I'm not a resident of BC there is no need for me to show up, nothing the courts can do

most times you don't even have to report.  If you do - you do. If you somehow get to the part where you are being interviewed for jury selection and the case doesn't interest you and you do not wish to fulfill your civic duty - just say really insensitive, outrageous things that suggest you might have some prejudice related to the case or the perp or the victim.    No way the prosecutor or the defending attorney would want you.

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

2 hours ago, BHC said:

I got called for Jury two years in a row, the 2nd time I called the guy on the phone said that's impossible cause Bergen County has so many residents, he called me back and said the judge said I must report....Another time I called I was living in my current home for just over 6 months when I got a notice to appear for jury duty in Bergen County, I called and explained I moved out of Bergen County about 6 months ago, the clerk said he doesn't matter a summons is a summons, so I filled out the form explaining that I have moved, response from the judge was I must report or there will be a warrant for my arrest....My sister works for the BC probation dept., and knows many people in the courthouse including judges, a different judge informed her that since I'm not a resident of BC there is no need for me to show up, nothing the courts can do

You rehabilitate? Your a fine example of the Justice system.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Defense lawyer asked me who would I believe, a witness or a cop. I told him I would believe a cop because they are trained to to observe details where as you could have twelve witnesses and would have 12 different stories. Defense lawyer requested I be dismissed.

Edited by swamprat142

Well, you have some options...

1) Write a little letter such as... below.

2) Follow the Duck's advice.

Or

3) Wear a Tee Shirt with Kill em' all...

jury.jpg.png

the-best-funny-pictures-of-malicious-advice-mallard-meme-Jury-Duty-Felony.jpg

facebook-1.jpg

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

You should report to jury duty; it’s our duty.  I’ve been called several times and have served a few times. Most of the cases were interesting.   I’ve also been dismissed several times by the defense- I think because I wore a navy suit and looked very conservative.  Defense didn’t want to me.... LOL..  Alternatively, you can call them and tell them you can’t make it because of work obligations.