IGNORED

I've been stewing myself over this

vdep217

So I have a small piece of private property to hunt maybe 4 acres.  Deer movement is great all year..  I bait the center of it and hunt the edges..  the other night I came out and there is another vehicle parked on the property..  naturally I wait for the person..  very nice person and said they do indeed have permission..  fast forward a little I call land owner..  he said they asked 4 years ago and hadn't talked to him since,   but he has not told them no they couldn't any more..  he told me if I don't have a problem he doesn't...  

When I talked to them I asked were they set up and was told the other edge ok np..  we exchange numbers and agree to let one another know where we are..  well I get a text.  Sitting by old permanent..  now this permanent is 30 yrds from cam and after checking cam the person is walking through it repeatedly..  

I have put the work in and bait this spot..  I dont even hunt right over the corn here ...I have become close with land owner and have paid to have deer butchered for his personal use.. I really don't want to give him any headaches so want to handle on my own..  am i wrong to be a little upset over the situation... should I talk and explain my thoughts to other hunter...

Edited by vdep217

Just now, kanigie said:

I understand your point of view but 4 acres isn't much room. If he has permission, you'll  have to cope.

That's the thing.   They asked 4 seasons ago I was given permission 3 seasons ago.  They haven't talked to land owner since..  land owner left it up to me at first I was ok with it than found out they are using my set up...

Not much you can do on such a small piece. If it we're me and I been baiting it I would go set up near him and shoot the first doe that comes in  then spend the rest of the night field dressing it. Maybe he will get annoyed and not come back

Edited by rgw

Definitely sucks when hunters sharing a property don’t share the same views. You said he seems like a nice guy. Have a talk with him and see if you guys can work something out. That’s seems like a better start then approaching the landowner. Usually the landowner doesn’t want to deal with headaches. See what you can work out before approaching the landowner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm your Huckleberry :devious:

and more importantly how would the owner react if this caused issues idk how close you are or he is with others but i  know to guys one hunts his property but doen't want to cause hard feelings so he will never tell anyone they cant hunt it so every year his land is  hunted and clubs drive it all week another doesn't hunt but lets my brother hunt his 60 acres but he can not bring anyone including his kids but  everyone around that owns adjacent property hunts on it as well as use the road for access however the road has grown up at the front but even though the owner on next property uses the road as access to his back property he will not allow my brother or the owner to use the field edge to get to the road so my brother and the owner has to walk through the woods. all in the interest of having friendly neighbors.:shakehead: 

29 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

I'll just keep hunting the edges as I have

Ever hear of Joining forces ( Cooperating ) with each other. Plan Hunts Share the results. 4 acres is a footprint. where any deer can be driven from. Is the Owner open to allowing You and the other party to post that 4 acres? Ever talk to the neighboring landowners to hunt those areas.     

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

6 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

Ever hear of Joining forces ( Cooperating ) with each other. Plan Hunts Share the results. 4 acres is a footprint. where any deer can be driven from. Is the Owner open to allowing You and the other party to post that 4 acres? Ever talk to the neighboring landowners to hunt those areas.     

It butts up to county park that's bow only...  it's posted