IGNORED

I am crushed

jhrebs

That’s why the frontal shot with an arrow should not be advocated so much by you guys. 

The margin for error is half of what it is on a broadside shot, that’s why the only shot that should be encouraged is a broadside one. Too many newbies will read what you’re saying and think it’s ok for them to take that shot as well, and it’s obviously not. 

15 yards, center of the chest...   I'm guessing you might see him again.  You possibly sliced brisket.  Most will argue, but it is deadly with higher shot placement.  No disputing it's not the perfect scenario.  Live and learn.  We all do.

Out of curiosity, what did the blood look like?

I shot a real hammer last month,,,,last light. Quartering away harder than I thought,,,,,shot him in the ass! I was really bummed. Got back out and killed a nice 9 the following week. One I shot was back on camera. Lesson learned for both of us.  Get back out and get it done

Edited by Lphunsjr

There is no doubt in my mind that deer is dead. The big area blood looks like he must’ve been laying there overnight. But a couple of us couldn’t find the trail after that spot. I makes me think he got up and ran. I kept looking until the rain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk