IGNORED

Bad weather buck down

2 hours ago, tcook8296 said:

Hammer I hear everything you are saying. I gave it my best effort to find it that night and the next day. I had dogs on the deer 2 days in a row. After awhile, when there is no sign to go by, there is not much you can do. After awhile it is just a body search, the meat has spoiled. Nothing bothered me more than losing that buck. I walked past the buck and didnt see him. 

Again , you made an effort to come on my thread to criticize me on a hunt that did result in a successful harvest instead of offering a congrats on the harvest of a mature buck. You even started your own thread on your deer referring  "they cant all be wide"I even had a guy call me a jerk off yet he still managed to offer congrats. 

No big  deal. I can read through the lines

I have my way ,you have your way

Your way isnt the only way of doing things. 

I did congratulate you on your buck to by the way. Thanks for following the thread though. 

Maybe guys wont make all the mistakes I made. 

Now that all the bodies have been removed, I will be busy trying to set up a youth to hunt my farm on youth day. 

It truly is amazing how the last couple threads I have created, some how some way 1 or 2 guys put it in the toilet but I do thank the guys that keep the thread positive. 

Tom 

I replied where you quoted me . Did congratulate you on this buck . You changed this thread adding you found the deer here instead of the other thread.

I could care less what you shoot

And my thread choice for my buck had nothing to do with your buck .

Guys that know me know I passed a wide eight to shoot the buck I just got.

And I was torn doing so because tight racks dont appeal to me .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Darn it, that's a shame about the big one that you didn't find.  Just shows how dogs can miss it, that is unreal.  You must have been thinking that if two dogs didn't find it then it's definitely not laying anywhere close, say, withing a good half mile or so.  And, why screw up my property walking around anymore. That's what I would have thought.   

Well, now we all know that a grid search might a good idea even after a dog comes out.  Hope, you get the rack back at least.

Tom, I happen to agree with you 100% about not blowin up your place in a recovery effort...nothing worse than possibly pushing another shooter or an up and comer over the line to the neighbors, that makes two dead unrecoverable deer in my book. It’s a very tough predicament.  Most guys don’t get it. When your hunting one particular deer, or hoping that one miraculously shows up, every single move or the lack of moves you make on your ground is crucial.  They don’t realize that if you blow the place up today, that could result in next years shooter getting  killed. It really is that profound! Every decision you make extends far into the future, especially when targeting just one or two deer in the entire herd. Again, most don’t get it.  No matter who you are or how knowledgeable of a deer hunter you think you are, if you’ve been doing this long enough, you end up in situations that result is an unrecovered Deer. Those are the facts! Period! Two different dogs couldn’t find your deer, but every expert on here with a keyboard would have went about the recovery efforts differently. 

3 hours ago, Nomad said:

Darn it, that's a shame about the big one that you didn't find.  Just shows how dogs can miss it, that is unreal.  You must have been thinking that if two dogs didn't find it then it's definitely not laying anywhere close, say, withing a good half mile or so.  And, why screw up my property walking around anymore. That's what I would have thought.   

Well, now we all know that a grid search might a good idea even after a dog comes out.  Hope, you get the rack back at least.

That is my take-away. I listen intently on everyone's good fortune and mis-fortune when it comes to recovery.  This was very educational on may levels. Guys should not be afraid to share critical information like this.  

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

3 hours ago, Bowhunter2004 said:

Tom, I happen to agree with you 100% about not blowin up your place in a recovery effort...nothing worse than possibly pushing another shooter or an up and comer over the line to the neighbors, that makes two dead unrecoverable deer in my book. It’s a very tough predicament.  Most guys don’t get it. When your hunting one particular deer, or hoping that one miraculously shows up, every single move or the lack of moves you make on your ground is crucial.  They don’t realize that if you blow the place up today, that could result in next years shooter getting  killed. It really is that profound! Every decision you make extends far into the future, especially when targeting just one or two deer in the entire herd. Again, most don’t get it.  No matter who you are or how knowledgeable of a deer hunter you think you are, if you’ve been doing this long enough, you end up in situations that result is an unrecovered Deer. Those are the facts! Period! Two different dogs couldn’t find your deer, but every expert on here with a keyboard would have went about the recovery efforts differently. 

I agree somewhat, but what is the difference between blowing your property up with 2 guys walking around with dogs for two days and 2 to 3 guys doing a grid search without dogs?

Edited by bucky