IGNORED

PENN Customer Service

I have already been a big PENN fan for many years. As recommend by hammer I purchased 2 penn fathom levelwinds for stripers about a year and a half ago. Last week managed to break the levelwind system and worm gear. I sent the reel back on Monday and was prepared to pay a rebuild or repair fee.  I thought the reel would be gone half the season as well. To my surprise the reel was fedex’d at at my door Friday morning of that same week good as new repaired free of charge! Unreal turn around time. I was already a big fan but a customer for life now.

All my Conventional reels have been Penn Reels. Father had some of the Ocean City reels the forbears of Peen. Some that have a Leather Thumb Drag before the Star Drag.  Every one of them is in perfect working order It is Called proper maintenance. One of my Fathers I keep as a keepsake still has the cotton line on it.  Many older Penns are sought after due to the stronger internals.  I had a few Penn Sping reels and hated them. Did not hold up in saltwater on large Fish The Drags sucked.   Also, have some 302-306 Mitchell's and one of there conventionals.   are good. 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

49 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

If it was a shimano it wouldn't have broken 

My saragosa has seen its fair share of repairs..  but I'm rough on equipment... on the other hand my stradic has never had a problem.   But I only use that in bay early and salmon fishing