IGNORED

Hide your Trail Cam

1957Buck

Just have to be creative. Camo is not the total answer Camo- Profile blending in not sticking out. The biggest mistake is leaving the white Light Flash ON.  Add Natural materials.  The Cams on the tree and in the stump is plain giveaways.  Placing very close to your stand is an invention for someone to search for one.  How do you hide yours?

Camo camtrap case 681.jpg

wpid-IMG_20150801_070058.jpg

Set-427-212.jpg

browning-recon-camo-trail-cam-l.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Maybe the answer is SIZE the ones I see are large standouts Bulky.  This Browning Strike Force is only 4.5 x 3.25 x 2.5    Amazon $129. yes a bit pricey to others. But to place it in a fork of a tree or well above in a distance it is harder to spot.

614xT4pmTKL.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

I used to never leave a camera out more than overnight in fear of theft. Started this year putting mine 12' or so up. 4 screw in steps and my positioning lanyard are all thats needed. Nothing will stop a scumbag thief but I can make it a wee bit more work to get it.

And I do love that blending in you did.

Edited by Greg

I hang all my cameras about 15 feet up in a tree, use wrap around belt tree steps, I do it because the bears destroy them very rarely get a hunter on there, maybe 3 in last 5 years!

Takes 5 extra minutes to change the SD card once you get the hang of it ! Try to pick a tree that has branches in the right spot so you can use less steps and a hand hold branch up top while your standing on the top step and a safety belt of course!

Here is a smoke pole hunter walking under my camera a couple years ago, now I am sure that this gentleman would not have taken my camera if it was 4 feet up on a tree he was walking towards with a black strap wrapped around the tree with a 3 foot tail dangling and blowing in the wind! I truly believe in people’s honesty and good nature, BUT if you are going to hang the camera 4 feet up on a tree at least lose the black belt, and I highly recommend getting the TRAIL CAMERA ASSAULT SNARE INTERCEPTOR (TCASI) batteries not needed. Well when you go to change your SD card not only will your camera be there but you will have a new best friend !

Good Luck and be safe out there!

107CE4E6-962C-43C5-BE9B-04BFDC6DCE09.jpeg

B67720B3-944A-49CE-961F-CD62819CD952.jpeg

AC7AED55-28F8-47C6-A472-03AFDDB11F80.jpeg

E2D0CDE0-9BDD-47B8-812C-29308C5A8B11.jpeg

69CA3D4C-9D8E-4E39-945C-4445F3C107B4.jpeg

2 hours ago, Greg said:

I used to never leave a camera out more than overnight in fear of theft. Started this year putting mine 12' or so up. 4 screw in steps and my positioning lanyard are all thats needed. Nothing will stop a scumbag thief but I can make it a wee bit more work to get it.

And I do love that blending in you did.

Use two of the small climb8ng sticks , easy to carry and a lot less scent left in the area

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/