IGNORED

20 ga shells?

jlaz90

Just picked up a 20 gauge mossberg pump for my daughter to start duck hunting with me. Any recommendations on brand and shot selection. I’ve never owned or shot a 20 before this one. Generally shoot mallards blacks buffles and some teal. Very seldom some Canadians just curious what some of you 20guage shooters prefer.

Kent Fasteel or Fiocchi waterfowl. No need to spend big money on steel loads. Both kent and fiocchi use gualandi wads which as a shotshell reloader i can say are the best wads on the market. They both use premium powders also. Black cloud is good for longer shots but holds to tight a pattern in close and creates a super long shot string in 20ga which is not a good thing. Patterning on paper won’t tell you this. A moving target will. With the 20 you want a load that will provide the shortest shot string possible, both kent and fiocchi will give you that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWM

2 hours ago, maximus66 said:

Kent Fasteel or Fiocchi waterfowl. No need to spend big money on steel loads. Both kent and fiocchi use gualandi wads which as a shotshell reloader i can say are the best wads on the market. They both use premium powders also. Black cloud is good for longer shots but holds to tight a pattern in close and creates a super long shot string in 20ga which is not a good thing. Patterning on paper won’t tell you this. A moving target will. With the 20 you want a load that will provide the shortest shot string possible, both kent and fiocchi will give you that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fiocci will not cycle in my 20 or 12 autos..